Roswell can't initiate its setup
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nameiwillforget
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 am    Post subject: Roswell can't initiate its setup Reply with quote

This is on a new Gentoo install, so it could be that it just requires some basic program that is not marked as a dependency. Anyway, Roswell compiles (after I uninstall llvm as suggested in another thread and later recompile it), but when I run ros setup, the following happens:
Code:

alex@gentoolaptop ~ $ ros run
Installing sbcl-bin...
No SBCL version specified. Downloading sbcl-bin_uri.tsv to see the available versions...
[##########################################################################]100%
mv: replace '/home/alex/.roswell/tmp/sbcl-bin_uri.tsv', overriding mode 0644 (rw-r--r--)? y
Installing sbcl-bin/2.4.4...
Downloading https://github.com/roswell/sbcl_bin/releases/download/2.4.4/sbcl-2.4.4-x86-64-linux-binary.tar.bz2
Download Failed with status 1. See download_simple in src/download.c
Downloading https://github.com/roswell/sbcl_bin/releases/download/2.4.3/sbcl-2.4.3-x86-64-linux-binary.tar.bz2
Downloading https://github.com/roswell/sbcl_bin/releases/download/2.4.2/sbcl-2.4.2-x86-64-linux-binary.tar.bz2
Downloading https://github.com/roswell/sbcl_bin/releases/download/2.4.1/sbcl-2.4.1-x86-64-linux-binary.tar.bz2
Downloading https://github.com/roswell/sbcl_bin/releases/download/2.4.0/sbcl-2.4.0-x86-64-linux-binary.tar.bz2
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't know exactly which
Code:
src/download.c
they're refering to, I've looked through the [code].roswell[code] file in my home folder, but I can't find any such file there. Apart from that the system seems to be working, but I'm trying to use StumpWM, which is my favorite window manager, and the version I've installed using portage seems to have some strange behaviors that I don't know the cause of but I'm thinking might stem from the fact that it wasn't installed through roswell. Any ideas of what the culprit could be?

Edit: in this code block, I've used ros run instead of ros setup, but the same happens in either case.
nameiwillforget
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried a few things more things at this point. In particular I've tried downgrading Roswell and then running the setup, but the result was the same. I've also tried uninstalling the Roswell-ebuild and compiling it manually, but from that I got the compilation error:

Code:

alex@gentoolaptop ~/builds/roswell $ sudo make install
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/alex/builds/roswell/src'
printf '#define ROS_COMPILE_ENVIRONMENT "%s"\n' "`gcc --version|head -n 1`" > gend.h.tmp
printf '#define ROS_REVISION "eae6e5c"\n' >> gend.h.tmp
printf '#define UNAME_M "x86_64"\n' >> gend.h.tmp
printf '#define UNAME_S "Linux"\n' >> gend.h.tmp
printf '#define PATCH_PATH "/usr/local/etc/roswell/patch"\n' >> gend.h.tmp
printf '#define LISP_PATH "/usr/local/etc/roswell"\n' >> gend.h.tmp
cmp -s gend.h.tmp gend.h||cp gend.h.tmp gend.h
cat gend.h
#define ROS_COMPILE_ENVIRONMENT "gcc (Gentoo Hardened 13.2.1_p20240210 p14) 13.2.1 20240210"
#define ROS_REVISION "eae6e5c"
#define UNAME_M "x86_64"
#define UNAME_S "Linux"
#define PATCH_PATH "/usr/local/etc/roswell/patch"
#define LISP_PATH "/usr/local/etc/roswell"
rm -f gend.h.tmp
gcc     -o ros main.o opt.o download.o download_windows.o archive.o archive_windows.o register-commands.o tsv-sbcl-bin.o util.o util_windows.o util-list.o util-string.o util-dir.o util-dir_windows.o util-file.o util-file_windows.o util-system.o util-system_windows.o util-cmdline.o proc-opt.o manual.o manual_windows.o cmd-internal.o cmd-script.o cmd-run.o cmd-run-sbcl.o cmd-run-ccl.o cmd-run-clasp.o cmd-run-clisp.o cmd-run-ecl.o cmd-run-mkcl.o cmd-run-abcl.o cmd-run-cmu.o cmd-run-acl.o cmd-run-lispworks.o cmd-run-npt.o cmd-install.o install-sbcl-bin.o install-sbcl-bin_windows.o resources.o -lcurl
resources.o:(.rsrc$01+0x80): dangerous relocation: R_AMD64_IMAGEBASE with __ImageBase undefined
resources.o:(.rsrc$01+0x90): dangerous relocation: R_AMD64_IMAGEBASE with __ImageBase undefined
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:436: ros] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/alex/builds/roswell/src'
make: *** [Makefile:614: install-recursive] Error 1

Maybe someone can tell me the source of this compilation error so I can compile Roswell and find out whether the manually compiled version acts the same way the ebuild does.
nameiwillforget
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up copying the
Code:
~/.roswell
directory from my old Arch-installation, then Roswell was working. I'm not sure if I should mark this as solved though, since it's only a solution if you already have a working Roswell installation on another system.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: