dark gentoo.org css / please remove duplicates admins
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtok
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: dark gentoo.org css / please remove duplicates admins Reply with quote

when ya paste code and if the gives an error maybe it could be modified to say 'too long'
and then NOT continue on with the paste, might save you some time and reduce any duplicate threads
so if you get the time please remove the duplicate posts so other forum members are not clicking on
empty threads, not sure what the fix would be that once the system errors on code paste that it can then
revert back to the original with a notifce of some sort to a forum member stating 'too long bruh' and then
not send the paste to the forum live as empty

anyway, my apology for the duplicates, i asked the admins to remove them, for anyone interested here is some css
to dim the site down a bit, covers all subdomains and i'm always updating it, any suggestions or feedback is welcomed
i'm not a guru at it, just my eyes hurt if i stare at white backgrounds too long, live like a bat in a cave, dim lighting etc.
often working from the terminal with a black background

the css is clean, no call outs to other sites, nothing embedded in any images etc and lots of resources helped me put
that together, so many folks not named contributed

https://github.com/tokzco/cssz

mrtok

Replaced the '&' in the title with a '/' to prevent probable posting problems when quoting the first post.Chiitoo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool design, the only things I didn't like are links highlights and new messages in here https://forums.gentoo.org/search.php?search_id=last are standing out less.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtok wrote:
when ya paste code and if the gives an error maybe it could be modified to say 'too long'
and then NOT continue on with the paste

Fixed in phpBB3. :]

(It's probably not worth the time and effort to fix in phpBB2 at this point in time, and yes, we are going to upgrade... soon™.)
Gatak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need any help from the community in doing the upgrade to PhpBB 3 or switching to another platform like NodeBB which is much more mobile friendly.

Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we need is a bit more time.

While NodeBB may be modern and all that, it would almost certainly turn away some users, or at least make them unhappy:

nodebb wrote:
Your browser does not seem to support JavaScript. As a result, your viewing experience will be diminished, and you may not be able to execute some actions.

Please download a browser that supports JavaScript, or enable it if it's disabled (i.e. NoScript).

I personally don't like how it looks and functions at all, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people like me here in that regard. :]
Gatak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Javascript should be optional. Preferably also work.with textmode browsers.

Thanks for working on it. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: