Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Sometime, webpages take very long time to load.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarnRedsun
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject: Sometime, webpages take very long time to load. Reply with quote

From the same system as the one in this thread: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1166638.html I still have another problem left.

First, the onboard WiFi didn't working, this isn't much of a problem as I rarely use onboard WiFi anyway, but there is another problem when I connect to internet via ethernet port normally, sometime, not every time, it takes really long time to just open some webpage and it can be any webpage but mostly Google and Youtube, the webpage just not load for a while, sometime it can be as slow as 15 minutes to load a webpage and during that time I can't open any web either and if I tried to ping to anywhere in Terminal it just stay that way after I push enter, no ping output appear for a while until they appear normally and there's no significant delay in ping output after it start to appear again and after that I can go back to browse the web normally. It's like it wait for networking resolve of some kind and it just don't want to do that for many minutes. I don't know how I can explain it but it's like this.

As for WiFi problem it has repeatly sent this kind or log into dmesg, and WiFi adaptor didn't appear in nmtui despite it appeared to have driver loaded in lspci
Code:

[    3.888639] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: WRT: Invalid buffer destination
[    4.048123] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: WFPM_UMAC_PD_NOTIFICATION: 0x20
[    4.048132] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: WFPM_LMAC2_PD_NOTIFICATION: 0x1f
[    4.048140] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: WFPM_AUTH_KEY_0: 0x90
[    4.048147] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: CNVI_SCU_SEQ_DATA_DW9: 0x0
[    4.049344] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: RFIm is deactivated, reason = 5

And for resolve problem I don't know how to look into it. I never see this problem when I try using other Linux distro on the same PC, and WiFi can also work on those as well. Back when I tried Gentoo Linux on other PC last year it didn't has this kind of problem either. But for this installation I reinstalled the system 3 times and this problem stayed the same.

How can I solve this?

Thank you.
mrbassie
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled "RFIm is deactivated, reason = 5", Maybe it's this?
KarnRedsun
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that link it doesn't look like it fixed, each time there's new firmware version update from intel, it broke again and again and again. At least that is what I can make of that bug report. However, if I use normal distro than this one I never see that problem appeared to me, and from most comment over there it doesn't seem like it is a problem that can be fix in user's system.

I don't know but please clarify me if the WiFi problem related to problem in resolving over LAN.
mrbassie
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be power management, that the only guess I have. You could try booting with pcie_port_pm=off.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: