Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Can't change sway wallpaper, even with swaybg (systemd)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NameNotQuality
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject: Can't change sway wallpaper, even with swaybg (systemd) Reply with quote

In my new gentoo system, I've copied the config files from my previous system for sway, installed the components I had earlier (like the notification daemon or swaybg), and finally launched sway, but contrary to the wallpaper, the background was just gray. After exiting, the error appeared:
Code:
00:00:00.082 [common/ipc-client.c:87] Unable to receive IPC response: /home/nnq/.config/sway/Wallpapers/tgrimbert_santorini.jpgormat for file ⬛/home/nnq/.config/sway/Wallpapers/tgrimbert_santorini.jpg⬛.s

My user is nnq, the wallpaper I wanna set is at /home/nnq/.config/sway/Wallpapers/tgrimbert_santorini.jpg
And the ⬛ character is an emoji for a square icon that appeared in its place on the screen. On my phone it looks like a black square.

This happens when launching sway both from typing 'sway' and 'dbus-run-session sway' (probably because dbus is already set up).
I also remember seeing longer logs (which happens probably when I boot the system and then launch sway), which had errors about swaybg complaining that it doesn't recognize the image's format, even though I've compiled it with the USE flag gdk-pixbuf on and on the previous system (arch) the image worked.
Also, those longer logs included the line I shared on top about IPC.

Note: I'm on da phone so don't find misspellings and photos for longer logs (if I need to provide more info) being out of the ordinary.
Edit note: Don't act like I already solved this issue because it has been more than... 10 DAYS? If I will find a solution myself, I'll post it here for others.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: