View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcajou
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please change my username to carcajou? Thank you.
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Either of those can be done, but it would help to understand which of those you want. Options include:
  • Account retains its current name. Account is banned from the forum, preventing anyone from logging in with it, ever (until unbanned by an administrator).
  • Account is renamed to an anonymous value, typically to the same number as the user's id, which in your case is user 433697. Optionally, the account is also banned, if you expect not to use it again and want to avoid anyone ever taking control of it.
  • Account is renamed to some other non-anonymous value, such as "John Doe". The chosen value must not be the name of any other account, even a banned one. If you want this option, give us a list of acceptable new names, and an administrator will rename you to the first available new name.
In any of the cases where it is banned, you should plan that if you ever want to use it again, you will need to convince an administrator that you are the person who was the original owner. This is often based on knowledge of some presumed secret that only the original owner would know. Anything you post publicly would obviously then not be secret, and not acceptable proof.

Sorry for the ambiguity in my post. I would prefer if the account was renamed to its user id and also banned. I don't plan on reusing the account in the future. Thanks again for the help.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user 433697 wrote:
Sorry for the ambiguity in my post. I would prefer if the account was renamed to its user id and also banned. I don't plan on reusing the account in the future. Thanks again for the help.
Done and done.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carcajou wrote:
Can you please change my username to carcajou? Thank you.
Done.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: