Huion Kamvas 13
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pak0st
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Huion Kamvas 13 Reply with quote

Hi, there, I have Huion Kamvas 13 (2020) which I'm using with my Gentoo systems.

I've tried to find as much information however getting hardware working isn't well documented.

For my setups using Plasma Wayland, I have done the following:

-
Code:
CONFIG_HID_UCLOGIC=y
as per: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8774940.html#8774940

-
Code:
 # emerge -av dev-libs/libwacom

- libwacom isn't just for Wacom devices, the name is historical and now it includes multiple other devices: https://github.com/linuxwacom/libwacom

Observations:
- Krita is handling the pressure sensitivity well
- Plasma's Drawing Tablet section picks it up and you can adjust the mapping of where the stylus output will be placed
- OpenTabletDriver is interfering with libwacom -> the tablet won't work if both are present

- I am unable to directly assign the tablet keys as shortcuts to Krita -> I have to pass through KDE's drawing tablet (libwacom) settings and assign to the same keys

I'm not certain about which kernel flags are required - any pointers on how to do so are welcome!

Other:
- At one point the tablet couldn't be recognized and I had to restart before it was picked up as expected again. I'm not sure what caused the problem and can't replicate for now.

Hope that helps for other people who have the same or similar enough drawing tablet.
pak0st
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found how it got to this state.

I disconnected the tablet and attempted to reconnect.
The display part was picked up correctly.

The drawing tablet part wasn't picked up when reconnecting. Will try to find what needs to be restarted.

PS:
As I am using the USB-C port on my RX6800, I'm not sure if I should be looking there as well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: