Ebuilds with PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET that is not 3.12
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:41 am    Post subject: Ebuilds with PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET that is not 3.12 Reply with quote

I'm trying to install www-apache/mod_wsgi, but although I have python 3.12 and 3.11 (fallback) installed, the ebuild does not have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET flag. Where does this flag need to be set, in the package.use/ folder or in make.conf file?

If choosing to set the flag in the same command as emerge, is that not wise to do for any reason?

Like this
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11" emerge --ask www-apache/mod_wsgi
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ebuilds with PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET that is not 3.12 Reply with quote

LIsLinuxIsSogood wrote:
I'm trying to install www-apache/mod_wsgi, but although I have python 3.12 and 3.11 (fallback) installed, the ebuild does not have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET flag. Where does this flag need to be set, in the package.use/ folder or in make.conf file?
Re-read the news announcement again, carefully. It specifically says make.conf is not recommended and may cause problems and that package.use is the correct / preferred location.

LIsLinuxIsSogood wrote:
If choosing to set the flag in the same command as emerge, is that not wise to do for any reason?
Unless you understand what that command does, don't do it. When done like that on the command line, it is a temporary setting that will cause problems when there is an update because it will want to rebuild the package without that setting. The only practical use for that is to test what the result would be along with the --pretend option.
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't expect issues with proper setting in /etc/portage/package.use...

Thks 4 ur attention, interest & support.
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank pjp
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ebuilds with PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET that is not 3.12 Reply with quote

LIsLinuxIsSogood wrote:
I'm trying to install www-apache/mod_wsgi, but although I have python 3.12 and 3.11 (fallback) installed, the ebuild does not have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET flag.
It looks to me like mod_wsgi-5.0.0 has support for Python3.12. Are you trying to use an older version? You did not show us the command or its output, so we cannot tell.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for ppc, version 5 is ~. Current stable only shows "9..11".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: