monitor models are not recognized in settings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject: monitor models are not recognized in settings Reply with quote

Hello folks ...

I use a custom compiled rt-devel kernel from the git repo directly on my system, with the latest 6.10.0-rc4, the latest one. Everything is working almost perfectly as I want from the kernel side, except for a few things one of them is that gnome-settings doesn't seem to recognize the monitor models and information as it does when I reboot from a live iso.

I even gave it a try and just copied the kernel 6.6.13 from the gentoo live iso that I have along with it's modules, and it's working, but with the monitors being shown as "unknown monitor 1" and "unknown monitor 2" too, even though it fully recognizes them when booted from the iso!!

Could you tell me what I'm missing?

I have another question about i2c. If you took a look at the config file, you'll find that I've enabled every microchip communication protocol available in the linux kernel and I'm seeking with that to have control over the system, like the fan, any pwm or voltage controller, etc....

However i2c only catches up with the intel guc, and with the integrated ethernet hardware timestamp and that's it. Could you help out with that?

This is my .config file, latest journal, lsmod.
pietinger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i2c needs pinctrl. You have an Intel Skylake:
Code:
Jun 22 23:49:04 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (family: 0x6, model: 0x5e, stepping: 0x3)

and therefore you will need sunrisepoint; you have:
Code:
CONFIG_PINCTRL_INTEL=m
# CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT is not set

Also you miss:
Code:
# CONFIG_FB is not set

Please read for this: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pietinger/Tutorials/Manual_Configuring_Kernel_Version_6.6#Part_3_-_Must_Haves

And please, please delete all annoying debug statements ... especially CONFIG_BLK_DEBUG_FS=y ... it unnecessarily inflates your system log.

BTW:

1. You will see also a comment to CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE=y in my wiki article ;-)

2. You dont need CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="i915/skl_dmc_ver1_27.bin" IF you have configured your i915 as <m>odule in your kernel. See more: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pietinger/Tutorials/Manual_kernel_configuration#Driver_needs_Firmware
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also you miss:
Code:
# CONFIG_FB is not set

It is setup, the symbol name is just different "DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION".

Quote:
You will see also a comment to CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE=y in my wiki article

I agree with you on this, the dell bios seriously degrades speed if the governor is setup to anything else but powersave. I resolved the issue with cpupower and a config file and just kept the kernel option as is ever since.

Quote:
You dont need CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="i915/skl_dmc_ver1_27.bin" IF you have configured your i915 as <m>odule in your kernel.

And yet if it's not added as binary blob it the guc fails to load!!

I did add "CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT" and recompiled yet everything seems to be the same! No more i2c devices listed, the monitors are not identified.

There's also another thing I noticed in the journal, eversince I marked the sound drivers as builtin, I get this error in the journal
Code:
Jun 23 10:13:15 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: snd_soc_avs 0000:00:1f.3: runtime IRQ mapping not provided by arch
Jun 23 10:13:15 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: runtime IRQ mapping not provided byarch

What's the significance?
pietinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
Quote:
Also you miss:
Code:
# CONFIG_FB is not set

It is setup, the symbol name is just different "DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION".

No. CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION is this one:
Code:
Device Drivers  ---> Graphics support  --->

[*] Enable legacy fbdev support for your modesetting driver

CONFIG_FB is this:
Code:

Frame buffer Devices  --->
    [*] Support for frame buffer device drivers  --->

You will need:
Code:

[*]   EFI-based Framebuffer Support

Demo wrote:
Quote:
You dont need CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="i915/skl_dmc_ver1_27.bin" IF you have configured your i915 as <m>odule in your kernel.

And yet if it's not added as binary blob it the guc fails to load!!

I did add "CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT" and recompiled yet everything seems to be the same! No more i2c devices listed, the monitors are not identified.

There's also another thing I noticed in the journal, eversince I marked the sound drivers as builtin, I get this error in the journal
Code:
Jun 23 10:13:15 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: snd_soc_avs 0000:00:1f.3: runtime IRQ mapping not provided by arch
Jun 23 10:13:15 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: runtime IRQ mapping not provided byarch

What's the significance?

This is all very strange ... maybe it is caused by using RT-sources ... I dont know RT-sources in detail ...

What you can do with pinctrl: Enable every option in menu Intel (like in our distro-kernel).

I have seen you have enabled IRQ remapping ... so I cannot tell you why this strange error with your SND when configured builtin ... maybe RT-sources.
pietinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.:

Have you configured CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT as module ? If yes: Please dont; you will need it builtin <*>

(The same is true for CONFIG_FB; when you build this as module you will not get the option CONFIG_FB_EFI)
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CONFIG_FB is this:

Code:

You will need:

Code:

Did that a few minutes ago but no joy, still the monitors are unkown 1 and 2!

I compiled the pinctrl drivers as modules, all intel's, no additional i2c devices, and no pinctrl modules loaded too, but then I may give it a try later cause I compiled the kernel a few times today ...

By the way, there's something I read into your article that I wanted to tell you I tried it before and it doesn't work, selecting the cor2 option in processor type, it will disable hyperthreading in any intel higher than i5, at least on dell platforms.

Also in the library routines and cryptographic api, enabling all the cryptographic libraries as modules is a very good idea. some times not all the dependencies get selected/unselected automatically by the kconfig api. In addition to that, I got the chance to enable the internal linux wireless certificates and I don't need the separate certificates anymore.
pietinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
Did that a few minutes ago but no joy, still the monitors are unkown 1 and 2!
[...]
By the way, there's something I read into your article that I wanted to tell you I tried it before and it doesn't work, selecting the cor2 option in processor type, it will disable hyperthreading in any intel higher than i5, at least on dell platforms. [...]

For both: Have you tried our (newest) Gentoo dist-kernel ? Because I had also an i7-skylake and no problem with CORE2 ... maybe it is a problem with RT-sources ...

Demo wrote:
I compiled the pinctrl drivers as modules, all intel's, no additional i2c devices, and no pinctrl modules loaded too, but then I may give it a try [...]

I only know UbuntuLiveCD where these modules are compiled as module (so, if you boot Ubuntu you should see the loaded pinctrl-module in "lsmod") ... The kernel in our LiveCD has all of them builtin ... I dont know the reason ... maybe udev cannot handle it correct ?

Demo wrote:
Also in the library routines and cryptographic api, enabling all the cryptographic libraries as modules is a very good idea. some times not all the dependencies get selected/unselected automatically by the kconfig api. [...]

I am a fan of a slim kernel ... because software that is not there cannot cause security errors ... if you miss a kernel crypto-module, you will know it immediately ;-)

Demo wrote:
[...] In addition to that, I got the chance to enable the internal linux wireless certificates and I don't need the separate certificates anymore.

Yes, I know this internal certs ... very often they give you only the most minimal frequencies ... because the external (net-wireless/wireless-regdb) has a list for every country and tries to use all frequencies which are allowed in your country.
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and sorry for the late reply!

Quote:
For both: Have you tried our (newest) Gentoo dist-kernel ? Because I had also an i7-skylake and no problem with CORE2 ... maybe it is a problem with RT-sources ...

Not really, but I'm not sure how this option has any relation to the kernel preeption model!

Quote:
I only know UbuntuLiveCD where these modules are compiled as module (so, if you boot Ubuntu you should see the loaded pinctrl-module in "lsmod") ... The kernel in our LiveCD has all of them builtin ... I dont know the reason ... maybe udev cannot handle it correct ?

As an update, I recompiled the latest rt-devel with all the intel soc pinctrl as builtin, and still no joy!! No change whatsoever to i2c devices or the monitors.

I'll give it a try with a previous kernel release from the ones I already have, probably 6.6 as it has the most releases in the gentoo repo, but it's such a killjoy cause I wanted to have the updated kernel without having to re-download a 160~180 Megs everytime there was a kernel update ...

Quote:
I am a fan of a slim kernel ... because software that is not there cannot cause security errors ... if you miss a kernel crypto-module, you will know it immediately

I double you on this, however, if you checked the list of loaded modules I sent in my first post, you'll find that a third or almost half of the kernel modules in the cryptographic api are loaded, so I think they have some function or another. Otherwise how would we know if the kernel needs a module or not? And this is the reason why also I compiled them as modules, to know which are the ones needed. I think I'll just recompile them builtin the next time, cause you never know, and it's better to have them rather than not, even if they'll increase the kernel size a little bit. One advantage I already have is the unneeded amount of network and graphics and whatever else drivers that are usually compiled with the stock kernel being disabled, as they don't do me any good.

Quote:
Yes, I know this internal certs ... very often they give you only the most minimal frequencies ... because the external (net-wireless/wireless-regdb) has a list for every country and tries to use all frequencies which are allowed in your country.

I'm not sure about regulations in my country, however, the separate package caused me problems before. It's nice to know that the kernel itself is going to function without it. The first time I installed gentoo, the separate net-wireless/wireless-regdb package also made me waste a lot of time trying to connect to wifi and I had to rearrange stuff around my pc to connect ethernet until I figure out what was the problem with wifi.

As a suggestion to make the first gentoo installation easier, is to switch to the builtin kernel certificates for the initial installion at least, and modify the networking dependencies a little bit to make sure the user will have access to wifi without/before having to add a gui environment.

Cheers!
pietinger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... regarding your monitor problem I have checked your kernel configuration again:

You have enabled an option which is known as problematic (and it is disabled also in our Gentoo kernel of the LiveCD):

CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB=y

It is important that you have activated the correct framebuffer driver. To be on the safe side, you can also activate the "Simple framebuffer support" (this is CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE; please do not confuse these two).

So, I suggest to disable SYSFB_SIMPLEFB and enable:
Code:
        [*]   VESA VGA graphics support
# depending on your kernel version the "Simple framebuffer support" is in this menu OR directly in Frame buffer Devices  --->
    [*] Simple framebuffer support

Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pietinger wrote:
Hmmm ... regarding your monitor problem I have checked your kernel configuration again:

You have enabled an option which is known as problematic (and it is disabled also in our Gentoo kernel of the LiveCD):

CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB=y

It is important that you have activated the correct framebuffer driver. To be on the safe side, you can also activate the "Simple framebuffer support" (this is CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE; please do not confuse these two).

So, I suggest to disable SYSFB_SIMPLEFB and enable:
Code:
        [*]   VESA VGA graphics support
# depending on your kernel version the "Simple framebuffer support" is in this menu OR directly in Frame buffer Devices  --->
    [*] Simple framebuffer support

I'll give it a try and reply back tomorrow!
pietinger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
I'll give it a try and reply back tomorrow!

Great ... but please dont hurry ... take as much time as you need (a late reply is never a problem ;-) )
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As an update, I disabled CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB and SYSFB_SIMPLEFB, and enabled CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLEDRM=m and CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE=m, or should I configure them as built in?!

It still didn't work!

Still no pinctrl modules loaded!

As extra information in case it was relevant, I configured both i915, wlmvm and iwlwifi to be built in. The number of i2c entries doubled, but report the same devices, not sure why the duplication!!
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
and enabled CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLEDRM=m

I didn't read the whole thread but just run a simple search and I don't see anybody told you do that. How did you come up to that conclusion?

Best Regards,
Georgi
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since we're trying, I thought as long as it's built on the drm framework to give it a try as well ...
pietinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo,

maybe there was a misunderstanding because my english is not very good; so let me say the following again:

1. I did the thing with FB because of your monitor problem - NOT because of pinctrl stuff.
2, I strongly hope that you do your kernel configuration stuff with "make menuconfig" and do NOT edit the .config; if you do, please read:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8686380.html#8686380
3. If you try to enable CONFIG_FB as <m>odule you will never get the option CONFIG_FB_EFI ! You MUST enable CONFIG_FB statically into your kernel to get it (see in <Help> of CONFIG_FB_EFI: Depends on: HAS_IOMEM [=y] && FB [=y]=y [=y] && EFI [=y]) (This is the reason you see in my example all modules with <*> enabled)
4. Yes, I have meant that you DISABLE CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB completely.
5. Usually you will not need CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE ... it is only a backup if BOTH other (EFI,VESA) dont work with your system (one of them will be loaded in every system I know).

To your other problem:

Please tell us (again) what exactly you are missing.

If you have all Intel-pinctrl-modules enabled statically <*> into your kernel THEN you wont see it in "lsmod" ... this is normal ... BUT ... One of them is loaded and active (you just dont see it).

What I always recommend when doing a manually kernel configuration:

Boot an UbuntuLiveCD and check with "lsmod" all modules which are loaded (Ubuntu's kernel is more modularized as our and you will see more; usually also the Intel-pinctrl-module)

Now give us this list and your current kernel .config + "dmesg" again.
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You MUST enable CONFIG_FB statically into your kernel to get it (see in <Help> of CONFIG_FB_EFI

Already done that with CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT built-in and didn't work, I already mentioned that in a previous post ...

Quote:
If you have all Intel-pinctrl-modules enabled statically <*> into your kernel THEN you wont see it in "lsmod"

I tried them all built in and tried them all modules didn't make a difference, I'm now trying CONFIG_PINCTRL_SUNRISEPOINT built-in and rest as modules to see ...

Quote:
I strongly hope that you do your kernel configuration stuff with "make menuconfig" and do NOT edit the .config

I prefer xconfig

Quote:
Boot an UbuntuLiveCD and check with "lsmod" all modules which are loaded

Doesn't make a difference, the gentoo live uses the latest fedora config file from this page: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/tree/rawhide
While the ubuntu live uses the debian from this page: https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/tree/master/debian/config

They don't seem to be very different! Besides, the gentoo live shows the models correctly, and there are no relevant modules loaded, so I assumed that it should be built-in. However when I copied the live kernel along with it's modules, the monitors weren't identified. The i2c issue is a separate thing, I want it to have more control over the hardware I have, like controlling the pll or any pwm device like the system fan, or at least read it's speed, or a regulator module, because there's no OS control over any hardware that I have except for the cpu speed, and that's it!

I'm recompiling because I just changed bluetooth to built-in. I'm also changing the k messages font, do you have any idea about the font that ubuntu used to use before 2012 in k messages? Because it doesn't seem to be the same as the debian one from it's config!!

Once I reboot I'll resend you again!
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HYG

.config
journal
lsmod

And still doesn't work!

I remember I did it before and got the monitors recognized but I was still in the early trials with the kernel customization and 10 other things went wrong so I dumped that kernel along with it's configuration and I don't know which option or options I set for the monitors!!

I have some old ubuntu iso from 20 maybe it could help!
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try with gentoo-kernel. Not -bin. Enable savedconfig and strip it down little by little, removing the things you're absolutely sure you don't need first. Needless to say, have a config backups for a few steps back.

This is how I came up with the config I'm currently using and only "make oldconfig" it for newer versions.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advise logrusx, but the .config file is already published online and downloadable at https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/blob/rawhide/f/kernel-x86_64-fedora.config

There's no need to download a whole kernel just for the .config file!

If you checked on the ebuild file, it has the .config file download link ...
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Try gentoo-kernel-bin. If it works then try gentoo-kernel and thank me later. It's your choice of course, you can continue the same fruitless route.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing the point Georgi, but I thank you for your help anyway!

The .config file from the link I posted should be usable on virtually any kernel source. I have the latest vanilla rt-source from the development git repo. Everytime I update my local git repo, I patch the kernel source with the newest git patches published there.

I can just compile the source that I have with the config file from the link, it would take hours, but it can be done. The catch, however, is, what are the kernel options that will make the kernel identify the hardware that I have correctly and give me control over it?!

That's the core of the conversation between pietinger and me, we want to know the options that will get the kernel do it.
pietinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Monitor problem

Demo wrote:
[...] Doesn't make a difference, the gentoo live uses the latest fedora config file from this page: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/tree/rawhide
[...]
There's no need to download a whole kernel just for the .config file!

Hmm ... that is not true ... we (Gentoo) do also some patching in the kernel configuration ... :lol:

Demo wrote:
[...] Besides, the gentoo live shows the models correctly, and there are no relevant modules loaded, so I assumed that it should be built-in. However when I copied the live kernel along with it's modules, the monitors weren't identified.

This means it could be also a problem in your systemd configuration ... Maybe ... Maybe not ... I dont know.

I also saw something in your systemlog that I don't like at all:
Code:
Jun 27 17:50:00 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: skl_uncore 0000:00:00.0: runtime IRQ mapping not provided by arch
Jun 27 17:50:00 OptiPlex-7040 kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: runtime IRQ mapping not provided by arch

I never had this before ... and I dont know the reason, but you have something configured we have not - and miss something we have:
Code:
# CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_OFF is not set
CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_ON=y
# CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_AUTO is not set
CONFIG_X86_SGX=y
# CONFIG_X86_USER_SHADOW_STACK is not set
CONFIG_EFI=y
# CONFIG_EFI_STUB is not set
# CONFIG_EFI_FAKE_MEMMAP is not set
CONFIG_EFI_RUNTIME_MAP=y

Usually TSX AND SGX is OFF ... also in our Gentoo .config EFI_STUB is on ... maybe you have a "handover problem" (*) ... here is mine:
Code:
CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_OFF=y
# CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_ON is not set
# CONFIG_X86_INTEL_TSX_MODE_AUTO is not set
# CONFIG_X86_SGX is not set
CONFIG_X86_USER_SHADOW_STACK=y
CONFIG_EFI=y
CONFIG_EFI_STUB=y
CONFIG_EFI_HANDOVER_PROTOCOL=y
# CONFIG_EFI_MIXED is not set
# CONFIG_EFI_FAKE_MEMMAP is not set
# CONFIG_EFI_RUNTIME_MAP is not set

*) additionally you have a 2nd option enabled which is also known for problems: CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLEDRM=m (which is also off in our Gentoo .config) ... and you miss also CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y which is also in our Gentoo .config (but here I am unsure if you really will need it).

You have also NOT enabled NUMA (# CONFIG_NUMA is not set) ... yes, an Intel system with an i7 is not a NUMA system ... but it is recommended for an i7 - says <Help>:
Quote:
For 64-bit this is recommended if the system is Intel Core i7 (or later), AMD Opteron, or EM64T NUMA.

(I have it also enabled for my i9-13900K)

I have already criticized your various DEBUG statements ... Searching in your system log is no fun (and I won't do it again) ... it can also be problematic, like this one: CONFIG_DRM_EXPORT_FOR_TESTS=y

Since your .config is so fundamentally different from a recommended configuration, I would suggest using our Gentoo BIN-dist kernel == INSTALL IT (== not just copy) and then check if there are still problems with monitor detection (If yes, it is your systemd).

II. Other problem

I dont know what you are missing - you didnt told us ...

Other things:

Do you REALLY have this CPU - I thought you have an I7 of 6.generation ?
Code:
CONFIG_DRM_ACCEL=y
# CONFIG_DRM_ACCEL_HABANALABS is not set
CONFIG_DRM_ACCEL_IVPU=m

I have seen some messages which I cannot assess because I am not a systemd man - maybe it will help you:
Code:
Jun 27 17:50:00 OptiPlex-7040 dracut-pre-udev[362]: modprobe: FATAL: Module sunrpc not found in directory /lib/modules/6.10.0-rc5-rt9-OptiPlex-7040-1.2.5-dirty

Jun 27 17:50:09 OptiPlex-7040 fancontrol[758]: Loading configuration from /etc/fancontrol ...
Jun 27 17:50:09 OptiPlex-7040 fancontrol[758]: Error: Can't read configuration file

Jun 27 17:50:09 OptiPlex-7040 kexec[759]: Cannot open `/boot/bzimage': No such file or directory

Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd-tmpfiles[744]: "/var/log" already exists and is not a directory.
Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd-tmpfiles[744]: Failed to open path '/var/log': No such file or directory

Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd[1]: cpupower-frequency-set.service: Deactivated successfully.
Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd[1]: Finished CPU Frequency Scaling.
Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd[1]: Finished Restore /run/initramfs on shutdown.
Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd[1]: fancontrol.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 27 17:50:08 OptiPlex-7040 systemd[1]: fancontrol.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
You're missing the point Georgi, but I thank you for your help anyway!

You're missing the point but anyway. I'm out.

Good luck.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have already criticized your various DEBUG statements ... Searching in your system log is no fun (and I won't do it again) ... it can also be problematic, like this one: CONFIG_DRM_EXPORT_FOR_TESTS=y

Since your .config is so fundamentally different from a recommended configuration, I would suggest using our Gentoo BIN-dist kernel == INSTALL IT (== not just copy) and then check if there are still problems with monitor detection (If yes, it is your systemd).

II. Other problem

I dont know what you are missing - you didnt told us ...

Listen, I'm not here to bother you or anyone else, if you don't know just say I don't know, I'm not judging. And thank you for trying to help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: