Firefox window does not have maximize and minimize
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antoniovalos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject: Firefox window does not have maximize and minimize Reply with quote

I just installed some software after a fresh gentoo installation, but now I realizes that firefox window does not have minimize and maximize button.
How can I solve this?

*I am using KDE Plasma Desktop environment
Banana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/firefox-close-button-doesnt-appear-when-title-bar-is-not-used/125775

In general you can modify the appearance of the window decoractions. Most of the time it is a complete theme, but you can change window bars, buttons, colors and icons individual. According to the found link, it could be that ff and KDE does not play together in this case.

PFL - Portage file list - find which package a file or command belongs to.
My delta-labs.org snippets do expire
rab0171610
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my system, FF has minimize, maximize and close buttons in top right corner. If title bar is enabled, the buttons are on the title bar. If the title bar is disabled, these three buttons move to the menu bar. If the menu bar is disabled, the 3 buttons then move to the right side of the tabs bar. When menu bar is disabled, but title bar and tabs bar are enabled, they are shown on the title bar at the top right.
KDE 5 + older version of FF-bin 124.0.1
On a side note, themes for GTK apps other than Firefox can be managed in System Settings>Appearance>Gobal Themes>Application Style. You can then click the "Configure Gnome/GTK Application Style" button in bottom right of that window. You may need to install x11-themes/gnome-themes-standard if there are no themes available in that menu. Adwaita or Adwaita-dark are usually preferred.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: