Freecad 999 fails with python error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
user7719
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject: Freecad 999 fails with python error Reply with quote

Code:
!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "freecad" has unmet requirements.
- media-gfx/freecad-9999::gentoo USE="addonmgr fem gui idf image inspection material openscad part-design path points raytracing robot show surface techdraw tux -cloud -debug -designer -netgen -pcl -qt6 -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    python_single_target_python3_12? ( gui? ( qt6 ) )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_10 python_single_target_python3_11 python_single_target_python3_12 ) designer? ( gui ) inspection? ( points ) path? ( robot ) python_single_target_python3_12? ( gui? ( qt6 ) )

Not sure how to fix this. Any pointers?
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error says that if you enable python3_12, and enable gui, then you must enable qt6. You have python3_12 and gui enabled, but qt6 disabled. Either disable gui or enable qt6.
user7719
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
The error says that if you enable python3_12, and enable gui, then you must enable qt6. You have python3_12 and gui enabled, but qt6 disabled. Either disable gui or enable qt6.

Thanks.

Presumably Freecad isn't going to be much use without a gui and I have the qt5 use flag in my make.conf.

If I try setting the qt6 use flag for just this application I get the following:

Code:
sudo USE="qt6" emerge -pv freecad
Password:

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.use/zz-autounmask' needs updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
Dependency resolution took 1.43 s (backtrack: 0/20).

The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by media-gfx/freecad-9999::gentoo[qt6,fem]
# required by freecad (argument)
>=sci-libs/vtk-9.3.0 -qt5
# required by media-gfx/freecad-9999::gentoo[qt6,gui,python_single_target_python3_12]
# required by freecad (argument)
>=dev-python/pyside6-6.7.1 webchannel webengine

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "dev-python/pyside6:=[gui,svg,webchannel,webengine,python_targets_python3_12(-)]" has unmet requirements.
- dev-python/pyside6-6.7.1::gentoo USE="bluetooth concurrent dbus gui network opengl printsupport qml sql svg testlib widgets xml -3d -charts -designer -gles2-only -help -location -multimedia -network-auth -nfc -pdfium -positioning -quick -quick3d -scxml -sensors -serialport -spatialaudio -speech -test -webchannel -webengine -websockets" ABI_X86="(64)" LLVM_SLOT="17 -15 -16 (-18)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11 (-python3_13)"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    webengine? ( quick )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    any-of ( python_targets_python3_10 python_targets_python3_11 python_targets_python3_12 python_targets_python3_13 ) 3d? ( gui network ) charts? ( gui widgets ) designer? ( widgets ) gles2-only? ( gui ) gui? ( dbus opengl ) help? ( network sql widgets ) location? ( gui network positioning quick ) multimedia? ( gui network ) network-auth? ( network ) opengl? ( gui ) pdfium? ( gui ) printsupport? ( widgets ) qml? ( network ) quick? ( gui network opengl qml ) quick3d? ( gui network opengl qml quick ) spatialaudio? ( multimedia ) speech? ( multimedia ) sql? ( widgets ) svg? ( gui ) testlib? ( widgets ) webchannel? ( qml ) webengine? ( network gui printsupport quick webchannel ) websockets? ( network ) widgets? ( gui ) exactly-one-of ( llvm_slot_15 llvm_slot_16 llvm_slot_17 llvm_slot_18 )

(dependency required by "media-gfx/freecad-9999::gentoo[gui,python_single_target_python3_12,qt6]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "freecad" [argument])

* IMPORTANT: 12 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

I can make the use changes suggested but will mixing qt5 and qt6 break my system?
user7719
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an example at the following link to make this work

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1169467-highlight-freecad.html
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user7719 wrote:
I can make the use changes suggested but will mixing qt5 and qt6 break my system?

Of course not, why would it?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: