[SOLVED] NSS Slot Conflict
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynix48
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] NSS Slot Conflict Reply with quote

Hi,
i need help resolving the following slot conflict.

Code:

# emerge -v --oneshot nss

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies  . .... done!
Dependency resolution took 12.66 s (backtrack: 1/20).

[ebuild     UD ] dev-libs/nss-3.90.2-r1::gentoo [3.99::gentoo] USE="utils -cacert -test" ABI_X86="(64) -32* (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="avx2 sse3" 70,523 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 downgrade), Size of downloads: 70,523 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/nss:0

(dev-libs/nss-3.90.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="utils -cacert -test" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="avx2 sse3" pulled in by
    dev-libs/nss (Argument)

(dev-libs/nss-3.99:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="utils -cacert -test" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="avx2 sse3" pulled in by
    >=dev-libs/nss-3.11[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (net-misc/networkmanager-1.46.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="bluetooth concheck connection-sharing elogind gtk-doc introspection iptables modemmanager nss policykit ppp tools wext wifi -audit -debug -dhclient -dhcpcd -gnutls -iwd -libedit -nftables -ofono -ovs -psl -resolvconf (-selinux) -syslog -systemd -teamd -test -vala" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I don't know whats meant with "pulled in by dev-libs/nss (Argument)".

I would appreciate any help.

Last edited by Lynix48 on Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dev-libs/nss is pulled in by Argument because you gave nss as an argument on the command line.

It looks to me like you have two problems. The minor problem is that your installed nss is no longer in the tree. You can go down to 3.90.2-r1, or up to 3.100 or later. That, by itself, is not a conflict. The conflict is that if you rebuild nss now, you will turn off ABI_X86=32. You currently have installed net-misc/networkmanager[abi_X86_32]. Disabling ABI_X86=32 on nss will break that, hence a conflict. You need to decide how to proceed: keep ABI_X86=32 for nss, or disable it for networkmanager and let Portage rebuild both of them in one step.

How did you end up with ABI_X86=32 enabled for these packages, and why is it now disabled for nss? I would expect most people to have ABI_X86=32 enabled only for things related to compatibility with 32-bit closed source programs (usually games). Enabling it for networkmanager seems strange.
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: NSS Slot Conflict Reply with quote

Lynix48 wrote:

Code:

# emerge -v --oneshot nss

What problem are you trying to solve with that? Also include your emerge --info.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Lynix48
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys very much.

I was able to fix it by explicitly adding ABI_X86=32 support in package.use.

I still find it weird that it told me pulled by argument when the command was version agnostic.

Hu, your right, 32 bit support is required for steam. It sucks because the binhost is only 64 bit so lots of compiling to be done.

logrusx, this was part of many other slot conflicts in a world update. I had been pretty busy in recent months and the updates required some manualy changes so i never did them.
I'm not trying to get back on track. I also need to do a profile upgrade since the one im using is depricated. Which me luck

Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: