Firefox notification issues after upgrade from 115 to 128
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstaletic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:32 am    Post subject: Firefox notification issues after upgrade from 115 to 128 Reply with quote

Not sure I have chosen the right subforum. If I have not, apologies to the moderators/admins.

Yesterday I have upgraded from firefox-115:esr to firefox-128:rapid, because app.gitter.im had a genius idea to update something and stop work on firefox 115.

Previously (with the ESR release), the notifications behaved like, well... notifications. Firefox would play a short sound and spawn a small rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen.
Now (with the RAPID release), the notifications behave like proper windows. That's a problem, because I'm using a tiling window manager (dwm, specifically).
If dwm is in "monocle" mode (fullscreen with status bar), the notifications are fullscreen too. Plus, the notifications steal focus.

Is there anything to be done here, or will I jut have to turn notifications off?
logrusx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is related, but after updating firefox from 127.2 to 128 all of a sudden I started hearing the system bell. I was surprised because that is something I don't like. However I'm using gnome and I had to go disable system sounds in Gnome Settings. It may be the case that they are handing this to the graphical environment, so that you may be able to fix this by changing your graphical environment settings.

I don't use browser notifications and I have no observations of how that changed, if it did.

Best Regards,
Georgi
bstaletic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logrusx wrote:
It may be the case that they are handing this to the graphical environment, so that you may be able to fix this by changing your graphical environment settings.

That sounds plausible. I've noticed I can also close notifications with the usual key binding for closing regular windows.
Maybe I could make a dwm rule to make all firefox windows floating...

EDIT: Making firefox float is not the solution either.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: