[Solved] qemu-system-x86_64 Failed to initialize PW context
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radekm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject: [Solved] qemu-system-x86_64 Failed to initialize PW context Reply with quote

Hello, when I try to run a virtual machine in virt-manager I get the following message:
Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2024-08-02T06:19:22.278559Z qemu-system-x86_64: Failed to initialize PW context
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 72, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 108, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1402, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1379, in create
    raise libvirtError('virDomainCreate() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2024-08-02T06:19:22.278559Z qemu-system-x86_64: Failed to initialize PW context

Maybe someone knows how to solve this. It worked a few days ago. I use Wayland and DWL. I tried to run VirtualBox but it failed and I switched to virt-manager+ libvirt + KVM. When I tried to run Virtualbox, I installed LXQt and Xorg server for testing. After the failure with Virtualbox and a successful test (under DWL), I removed unnecessary packages (emerge --deepclean) and updated the system. Now libvirt doesn't work anymore :(

Last edited by radekm on Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful if you showed the full command line that reproduces this, and told us the qemu version. However, we can speculate from what is provided. In qemu-9.0.1, this message can only come from one place: audio/pwaudio.c line 789. Based on other messages in the area, this appears to be specific to PipeWire. Do you need pipewire support in this VM? Does pipewire audio work for you with any other program?
radekm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
It would be helpful if you showed the full command line that reproduces this, and told us the qemu version. However, we can speculate from what is provided. In qemu-9.0.1, this message can only come from one place: audio/pwaudio.c line 789. Based on other messages in the area, this appears to be specific to PipeWire. Do you need pipewire support in this VM? Does pipewire audio work for you with any other program?
Hi qemu 8.2.3. I don't need sound in this virtual machine. I wanted to run it for testing because in the future I would like to create a machine in which I will need sound. There was something wrong with the configuration in /etc/libvirt. I also had an unacceptable configuration file and I deleted all the configuration. Later I moved the file/drive to the old location and created a new configuration for that file. Everything works now except the sound. Thank you for your help
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: