View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juanatix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject: Cannot Print From Brave or Firefox Reply with quote

I recently installed cups and setup a (IPP Everywhere) Brother HL-L2350DW. Both LibreOffice and the lp command print fine. Additionally, the cups print test page works; however, I cannot figure out how to get my web browsers (brave and firefox) to print. The printer shows up in the browser print dialogue as an option under "Save as PDF" so I select it (the printer), and hit the print button only for the document to not print. The cups-meta package is installed and my user is a member of both the "lp" and "lpadmin" groups. Interestingly the printer doesn't show up in the "system dialogue" under "More Settings" in the browser.

I enabled debug logging in cupsd.conf, here are the last 200 lines after sending a print request from the browser.
https://clbin.com/sii19

In the cups web interface the jobs don't show up, all I see are the test pages and the documents I was able to print in LibreOffice Writer.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what I might have missed?
Shadow_Fury
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not an answer, but your paste links to this:

Code:

==========
Once upon a time, Timmy went to the forest's parents and they were very excited. They were going to see the doctor and he was so excited to see the doctor.
When they got to the doctor's office, everyone was very excited to see what was inside. Timmy's parents told
==========

==========
Once upon a time, Timmy went to the forest's house to play with his toys. He had a magic gun that could throw colorful balls. Timmy loved to play with his gun and make people happy.
Timmy's friend, a magic lemon named Sam, told him to be careful with
==========

==========
Once upon a time, Timmy went to the forest. He was very excited to see the world. But he didn't know how to use the same fake gun.
Timmy's friends were very curious about the gun. They all wanted to try throwing the fake gun. They took turns throwing
==========

==========
Once upon a time, Timmy went to the forest's house to play with his toys. He had a powerful superhero named Sam. Sam had a magic gun that could throw colorful balls.
Sammy loved to play with his gun and make Timmy happy. He would throw the gun at the couch
==========

you should probably fix this if you're still looking for help
figueroa
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure cupsd is running?
amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop (stable), OpenRC, -systemd -pulseaudio -uefi
rab0171610
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP doesn't seem to be responding, but I wanted to add that when not able to print from FF's print dialog, when scrolling down to bottom right of that print dialog popup box, it says "Print using system dialog . . .". If you click on that link, the system print dialog opens and you may be able to print from there.
Also, you can try typing about:config in the FF address bar, search for "print.prefer_system_dialog" and toggle it from false to true and test whether or not that has any effect on the printing behavior.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: