Update Postfix to 3.9.0 config error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
figueroa
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Update Postfix to 3.9.0 config error Reply with quote

After updating postfix, doing dispatch-conf and accepting the nominal default changes and restarting postfix, I run the command mailq and get the following errors back.
Code:
# mailq
mailq: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 742: overriding earlier entry: compatibility_level=3.9
postqueue: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 742: overriding earlier entry: compatibility_level=3.9
Mail queue is empty

As noted in the error message, the uncorrected error was at line 742 in main.cf where it had been unchanged since version 3.6 and I'm sure the version number has been there for many years without issue.

Old value:
Code:
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtp_scache
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
compatibility_level = 3.6

Manually edited:
Code:
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtp_scache
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
compatibility_level = 3.9

I suspect the second compatibility_level entry is spurious. If I just comment it out, all seems well.

EDIT -- ADDED
Upon upgrading my second machine with postfix, I note that the "compatibility_level = 3.~" line has historically been commented out which is right according to the embedded instructions. However, dispatch-conf attempted to update the line and uncomment it, along with a couple of other changes. On this second machine, I just zapped the update. Commenting out that initial "compatibility_level" update appears to be a more correct choice for upgrades as opposed to new installs.
amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop (stable), OpenRC, -systemd -pulseaudio -uefi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: