iMac 2017 intel sunrise point SUSPEND issue *freezes black:
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fspnet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:04 am    Post subject: iMac 2017 intel sunrise point SUSPEND issue *freezes black: Reply with quote

iMac 2017 intel sunrise point SUSPEND issue *freezes black:

the computer freezes:
states attempted: s2idle,s2ram[deep],s2ram[freeze]

im using 6.10 kernel and genkernel , i HAVE configured
my devices however something unusual PWBR doesnt
show up in the list of wakeupable devices[what i think was wrong wth my emachines at the time
of overlooking an edit] but LNXPWBR <- there IS
a power button it recognizes.... 2 it has 2 linked devices theyre their own device....
the Graphics Card wont switch to wakeupable device... this could be because ive disable efiFB but i doubt it...

so when testing just console suspend <- the computer enters a shutdown
state [or console suspend does nothing and the command says i dont recognize this pc]
and the power button cannot be used to wake it up
the keyboard cannot be used to wake it up..
the mouse cannot be used to wake it up....
anything plugged in remains recieving power like a usb charged phone or something[could be because its thunderbolt i tried]<-
a usb-keyboard for that fact when pressing illuminit keys like caps lock Nope nothing does nothing wont
turn on wont turn off..
ive enabled gpio for these things and the intel gpio drivers and such in the kernel config..
like ive stated it *IS a macintosh<- therefore it IS uefi......... i dont suspect being able to change
anything so less unless i load up the macintosh recovery environment it IS a Pure Linux machine...

Why i want Suspend working?: because i had a other desktop it didnt ited be nice to know
a little about WHY since i suspect its the same issue and this issue has plagued lines of computers..
to my knowledge it has atleast... i also want it working so i can dump my video bios as this is a required thing..
so any help id love it if you have a 2017 year computer or so and or if you have a imac and its working id love to hear...
fspnet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject: im making some progress if anyones concerned Reply with quote

so yeah its plagued by the --legacy issue of computer suspend does it selectively
choose to suspend ut to restart the number of buttons pressed it just turns on!, turns off: has to wait two minutes ok then try again<-
try to bring the screen back up takes i clocked it at 71 seconds <- but wait two minutes... then start moving the mouse tapping on keyboard..
i installed pm-utils/upowerd and like others its working fine i just
have to go in and liike i see acpids /etc/acpi:
has a power button bind to detect open-rc and SHUTDOWN
theres also a typo in the elogind default conf but im working outside of the box;
if this is the case we comment those 2 lines out
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: