View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danwills
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:32 am    Post subject: KDE6: Copy/Paste to nedit from wayland apps stopped working Reply with quote

I am guessing that the (text) copy-paste breakage that I'm currently experiencing (after I upgraded to kde6 last week) is related to the fact that nedit is using xwayland and kde stuff is using native-wayland.. and there's some problem with synchronizing clipboards between the two?

I noticed that I can copypaste between hexchat and nedit (both x apps) but not from konsole (wayland) to or from either nedit nor hexchat. Similarly, copy-pasting works fine between two wayland apps, but can't be pasted into xwayland apps it seems.

I found some post about this and installed kde-plasma/kwayland-integration which sounded like it might help, but unfortunately it didn't seem to improve the situation.

Any assistance in working this out would be awesome!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting whatever you think KDE6 is aside, you don't seem to be using kde-plasma/plasma-meta if you additionally installed kde-plasma/kwayland-integration?

Because you should.
danwills
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are quite right, I arrived at KDE6 via a lengthy world-update and who knows what state it was in to begin-with!?

It's been a very long time indeed since I originally installed KDE, probably before there even was a package called kde-plasma/plasma-meta! (vague memories of something called kdebase maybe? aanyway...)

Thanks heaps for the tip I will emerge it right now.
danwills
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-emergeing plasma-meta did not seem to help... however I realized that I can choose X11 as the desktop type on the login screen and when I choose X11 all the clipboards seem to work again! Hooray that was easier than I thought it would be!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: