problems emerging kde related items
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eklebanow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:02 am    Post subject: problems emerging kde related items Reply with quote

Here is the output I am getting when running
Code:
emerge --update --deep --getbinpkg --changed-use  @world

https://bpa.st/5YXHQ
eklebanow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:50 pm    Post subject: I have limited my issue to trying to emerge dev-qt/qtbase Reply with quote

Portage is complaining that I have slot conflicts when I try to emerge dev-qt/qtbase. Here is what I get when I run
Code:
emerge --ask qtbase
:
https://bpa.st/XPE7M

here is my make.conf:
https://bpa.st/PAA7W

here is my package.use for qtbase:
https://bpa.st/KSEBC[/code]

How do I get out of this slot conflict hell?

Last edited by eklebanow on Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portage is telling you the solution. If you were allowed to proceed, you would create a USE flag conflict, so you cannot proceed.
Code:
  (dev-qt/qtbase-6.7.2-r4:6/6.7.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X accessibility concurrent dbus gui icu libinput libproxy network nls opengl sql sqlite ssl udev vulkan wayland widgets xml (zstd) -brotli -cups -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -gssapi -gtk -journald -mysql -oci8 -odbc -postgres -renderdoc -sctp -syslog -test -tslib" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    dev-qt/qtbase (Argument)

(dev-qt/qtbase-6.7.2-r4:6/6.7.2::gentoo, installed) USE="X concurrent dbus gui icu libinput libproxy network nls opengl sql sqlite ssl udev wayland widgets xml (zstd) -accessibility -brotli -cups -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -gssapi -gtk -journald -mysql -oci8 -odbc -postgres -renderdoc -sctp -syslog -test -tslib -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtbase-6.7.2:6[accessibility=,gui,opengl,vulkan=,wayland] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-6.7.2-r3:6/6.7.2::gentoo, installed) USE="-accessibility -compositor -qml -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^            ^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                               
You would enable accessibility on qtbase, but not on qtwayland, and you need them to match. Likewise for USE=vulkan.

This is different from your earlier problem. For this new problem, you need the affected packages to agree on whether these flags are enabled or disabled, and you need to let Portage build all of them in a single step with the configured USE values.
eklebanow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you said makes no sense to me

Quote:
You would enable accessibility on qtbase, but not on qtwayland, and you need them to match

If you enable accessibility on qtbase and do not enable accessibility on qtwayland they by definition DO NOT match

I obviously need more explanation in order to understand
Ionen
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that output seem like both accessibility and vulkan USE are involved.

To keep it simple, USE=accessibility, opengl, and vulkan should ideally either be enabled globally or not at all, try to cleanup any package.use entries (for all packages, not just qtbase) you have for these. Unfortunately portage is not very clear with its errors when USE need to "match" between packages (e.g. if USE=vulkan is set on qtbase, then it also needs to be set on qtdeclarative and vise-versa, likewise for qttools[vulkan] and some others).

If was using a desktop profile, USE="opengl vulkan" would be enabled by default globally and, if not switching, you may want to add to your global USE in make.conf (may possibly be required if you have a package that depend on these, esp. most likely need opengl set).

As for accessibility, only add if you actually need it (may possibly have set it on qtbase given recall kwin used to need it, but that requirement is gone, ...unless USE=accessibility is set on kwin given that needs to match too, aka qtbase[-accessibility] with kwin[-accessibility] is fine, but qtbase[accessibility] w/ kwin[-accessibility] is not -- qtwayland *also* need to match for one).

Can still use package.use for these if really wanted but you'll need to figure out what you're missing for packages to match.

Edit: also, after sorting out everything, do a normal emerge -uUDav @world rather than trying to emerge qtbase on its own
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eklebanow wrote:
If you enable accessibility on qtbase and do not enable accessibility on qtwayland they by definition DO NOT match

I obviously need more explanation in order to understand

Hu had first described the *now* - mismatched USE flags - then told you they need to match.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: