The "Very Unoffical Gentoo Forum User Awards"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralphred
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject: The "Very Unoffical Gentoo Forum User Awards" Reply with quote

It's all too easy as a denizen of a support forum to succumb to tunnel vision and only see the things that don't work, well, I'm a contrarian see you next Tuesday hence this topic.
I can't be the only user out there that is a poor as a Lebanese Church mouse who feels the need to offer thanks to certain individuals for how they have improved things.

For me the "forum ubermensch" award obviously goes to Neddy, and as his countryman I truly lament my lack of knowledge regarding his actual location, just in case I'd be able to render some small service to him at this time (like delivering a can of baked beans or a bottle of Black Sheep).

Now, no man (or woman) is an island, and the KDE users here can't have failed to notice the "krashes" reputation KDE has outside of the Gentoo ecosystem; how much of this is due to seething Gnome devs I don't know, but I can quite honestly say this has never been my experience. I also don't know how many helpers|minions the gentleman in question has, but I'm saluting a flag with the name "asturm" on it, may he distribute credit for professionalism and "krashes is a [insert non-Gentoo OS here] issue" as he see's fit.

This isn't an exhaustive list, it's just my top two; the point being an invitation to add your own...

EDIT: The forum admins who made "error in posting" count as an actual post (Re: You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.) win the "rope stonks to the moon!" award, and all the shame that entails.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: The "Very Unoffical Gentoo Forum User Awards" Reply with quote

Ralphred wrote:
EDIT: The forum admins who made "error in posting" count as an actual post (Re: You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.) win the "rope stonks to the moon!" award, and all the shame that entails.

Unfortunately there is no one to claim this one, since it is a feature of the forums software itself. :]

The posts that get hit with that error, /do/ get created... sort of. I clean up their remnants from the database manually from time to time, which is reflected in the post count, though it seems something once again changed on the infra-side, and I don't have that ability right now... sorry about that.
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I'm pleased to share the accumulated wisdom of over 60 years playing with computers.
Are they good for anything else? :)
That has taught me problem solving.

It's no secret that my forums location is my real location rounded to the nearest degree each way.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: