media-libs/libplacebo: no long compiling w/ bootstrap Clang
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alecStewart1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2024 3:27 am    Post subject: media-libs/libplacebo: no long compiling w/ bootstrap Clang Reply with quote

Hey gang,

I I tried moving to using clang as my compiler (for most things) and I even was able to bootstrap it (with llvm-unwind) and it seems like some libraries aren't quite working the same. Probably because of some environment variables I set in package.env or another env config file.

=media-libs/libplacebo-7.349.0 is one of those. The following error is thrown:

Code:

Header "vulkan/vulkan_core.h" has symbol "VK_VERSION_1_3" with dependency vulkan: NO

../libplacebo-v7.349.0/src/vulkan/meson.build:17:28: ERROR: Feature vulkan cannot be enabled: vulkan.h was not found on the system, nor inside `3rdparty/Vulkan-Headers`. Please run `git submodule update --init` followed by `meson --wipe`.

But...vulkan is installed on my system, and there's a header file at /usr/include/vulkan/vulkan.h. I compile all of the Vulkan libraries and Meson with the bootstrapped Clang/LLVM system, so I don't really know what's happening.

emerge --info

build.log for =media-libs/libplacebo-7.349.0

I didn't compile the vulkan libraries with any LTO which I've found to not always play well with some packages, so I can at least rule that out.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: