Sound/Pipewire/systemctl problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooFan2024
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Sound/Pipewire/systemctl problem Reply with quote

[Administrator note: this post, and only this post, was originally attached to the solved topic [SOLVED] Sound/Pipewire/systemctl problem. -Hu]

I have all of those Problems as well, but the solution does not work for me. Anything else I can do? Thank you in advance.
PS: How did you manage to solve the shutdown and permission problems?
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. If you have the same problem as described in the referenced thread, then the solution described in that thread will work for you. If that solution did not work for you, then either you implemented it incorrectly or you have a different problem.

Generally, you should not reopen a solved thread if you need help with the problem it solved. Instead, you should open a new thread, using the old one as a guide for what information to share. You should describe what steps you have taken to try to solve the problem and what, if any, effect those steps had.
GentooFan2024
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I was unsure if I should start a new topic. So I'm on a fresh Gentoo Install (Mate Desktop/systemd) and have all of the Problems that were described in the Other Thread. With my previous Gentoo installation I never had problems with user rights. Like the creator of the other thread, I have problems starting Pipewire for the user with systemctl. I get the error:
Code:
Failed to enable unit: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 1

When I check the status I get:
Code:
Failed to get properties: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 1

In the other Thread the Solution for this Problem was to downgrade to Polkit-123. I tried to do so but it didn't change anything.

I also can't shut down or restart the computer. If I try, I am thrown back into lightdm and have to do it from there.

I have one more problem: In my previous installation external drives could be mounted automatically. now I get an error message that I am not authorized to do so.

The only thing I did differently on this Installation was using Btrfs instead of ext4 and encrypting my drive.

I am Glad for any help. Many Thanks in advance.

Please Note: English is not my Native Language, so If there is anything unclear just ask. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: