Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Plasma6: Program Has Requested Remote Control Access (Steam)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neko-san
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject: Plasma6: Program Has Requested Remote Control Access (Steam) Reply with quote

Plasma 6 introduced the rdp USE flag that brought with it a desktop portal dialogue window that notifies the user if an application requests control of input devices such as the mouse).
When using Steam, some games automatically bring up this window or will prompt this window if the user has a gamepad/controller connected (in my case, a Sony DualShock 4) and uses specific features such as a touchpad or the Steam Input Guide+RS (right stick movement) behavior to move the mouse.

Normally, when the window pops up, it's supposed to bring up a "remember my choice" checkbox or somesuch (according to others I've spoken to) but it does not for me for some reason which causes this dialogue to annoyingly appear frequently for me and I have no method of making it stop.

For context, I don't even have the rdp USE flag enabled, so I don't understand why I'm even getting this pop-up in the first place.
I'm hoping a KDE developer will be able to see this and help narrow down the issue so that I can finally get it to stop, because I've already tried the IRC help channel to no avail, so I'm posting this here.

I don't know if it's tied to Kwallet or something, but I don't use Kwallet (in favor of KeePassXC), so I don't know how Plasma "keeps track" of the checkbox choice in the first place either.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: