View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TNuker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Upgrading to Gnome 2.6 Reply with quote

I'm sure someone has already come up with this one, but i couldn't find it. Maybe i didn't search for the right things.. :?

Anyway, just wondering how to upgrade from Gnome 2.4.2 to Gnome 2.6. Someone mentioned unmasking the packages, but i have no idea how to do that. I also tried emerge -uD world. But that also resulted in nothing (however, it did update a couple of things ;o)

If someone could send me a link in the right direction or give some insight regarding:

1) updating to Gnome 2.6

or

2) unmasking the packages

...I would be very grateful to you :D
asiobob
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome 2.6 is offically out. There are some release candidates floating around but I rekcon you should wait for the final release

Its supposed to be released on the 31st of March so it should appear on portage soon afterwards. It will be masked -- ie not enough data to show its stable. To then install it, try ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" gnome

however when it gets marked as stable, emerge gnome should do the trick. If you are runnin a older version of gnome, an emerge world will give the newer gnome release after its been marked stable. Remember to do an emerge sync behand to have a up to date portage tree
TNuker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: