My Mali EGL/GLES tries
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: My Mali EGL/GLES tries Reply with quote

Greetings.

I am currently running Gentoo on my Odroid-XU3, and i encountered some problems while trying to use my own ebuild and switching to my EGL/GLES by using eselect opengl.

At first everything seem to work fine, it switches to the right libraries, when i run glmark2-es2 everything works and all. The problem come when i try to compile a new software using EGL/GLES. The compilation fail by stating ld wasn't able to locate -lEGL or -lGLES. The thing is, when i try compiling again with the default xorg-x11 opengl, everything works fine. I tried using env-update, i tried also running revdep-rebuild, it doesn't pass. I think it has something to do with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, i tried many things and searched Google a lot but i don't find anything able to fix my problem.

Here's an error example :

/usr/lib/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lEGL
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1888: recipe for target 'libegl_x11_plugin.la' failed

I would need some experimented help.

Thank you!
lefta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Malaki,

Begin with these two commands :
Code:
sudo ldconfig -v 2>/dev/null | grep -v \^$'\t'

Code:
ls -l `find / -name "libEGL*" 2>/dev/null`

For the second, if there are symlinks check that they are valid.
Malaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer.

To what i see, everything is there and nothing is wrong. The thing confusing me is the fact the EGL and GLES are working, i play videos through them.

Here :
Code:

OdroidXU3 ~ # ldconfig -v 2>/dev/null | grep -v \^$'\t'
/lib:
/usr/lib:
/usr/local/lib:
/usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/lib:
/usr/lib/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2:
/usr/lib/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.8.4:
/usr/lib/opengl/mali-x11/lib:
/usr/lib/qt4:

Code:

OdroidXU3 ~ # ls -l `find / -name libEGL* 2>/dev/null`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root       29 May 15  2015 /usr/lib/libEGL.so -> opengl/mali-x11/lib/libEGL.so
-rwxr-x--- 1 root   root     4806 May 12  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/mali-x11/lib/libEGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root        9 May 12  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/mali-x11/lib/libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root        9 May 15  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/mali-x11/lib/libEGL.so.1.0.0 -> libEGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root       15 May 10  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libEGL.so -> libEGL.so.1.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root       15 May 10  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so.1.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root   root   125588 May 10  2015 /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libEGL.so.1.0.0

[/code]
lefta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is in place, but not like it should. Your permissions don't seem good to me (I don't think setting a library like EGL to 750 is a good idea). You should try
Code:
chmod 755 /usr/lib/opengl/mali-x11/lib/libEGL.so

BTW:
  • The permissions on /usr/lib/libEGL.so are too permissive, 755 would be far more secure.
  • Your links are not standard, libEGL.so should point to libEGL.so.1.0.0.
  • Your libEGL is very small (4M vs xorg's 125M). I think it is wanted as you are on arm, but does it perform as well as mesa? I plan to try to install Linux on my smartphone once I get my new one, so it can be usefull (if I get it to boot this time :lol: ).

If your problem is not solved after that, I would need more informations:
  • The package you are emerging
  • At least the last lines of the log with linker invocation, and all its errors and warnings
Malaki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! Removing the symlinks, renaming and then recreating the symlinks did the trick. I didn't know it was that important! I fixed the permissions as soon as i seen them, i don't know why the ebuild did that. And yeah, it's the libmali.so being the big one (215M), all of those just provide it with the data.

Counting MESA without hw acceleration is like having nothing at all, sure it is better than mesa! Yet i am not as satisfied as i would be with higher market GPUs.

Thanks again!
frares
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this thread started a couple of years ago, just now I've become interested in Odroid, in special XU4.

How did you manage the MALI / ARMSOC x11 drivers? Is there an overlay out there?

Thank you!
Francisco
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: