file /var/log/rc.log gives type "data"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totony
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: file /var/log/rc.log gives type "data" Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried doing a grep on rc.log and it won't work unless it is given the -a option. So I checked the type of /var/log/rc.log and it gives me "data" instead of "text", anyone knows what could cause this/how to fix this?

Thanks,
Totony
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: file /var/log/rc.log gives type "data" Reply with quote

totony wrote:
I tried doing a grep on rc.log and it won't work unless it is given the -a option. So I checked the type of /var/log/rc.log and it gives me "data" instead of "text", anyone knows what could cause this/how to fix this?

What's your problem with the "data" format? You can grep it and less can read it. Should be ok as is.
totony
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: file /var/log/rc.log gives type "data" Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
totony wrote:

What's your problem with the "data" format? You can grep it and less can read it. Should be ok as is.

I can only grep it using the -a option, which i find impractical
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: