Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
K3b will only use one or the other of both drives.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: K3b will only use one or the other of both drives. Reply with quote

Did a google search and could really only find issues with not detecting any burners. The few I found with not detecting both, are old and things have changed a lot since this: ie udev, udisks,...

Anyway, here is the issue: Two Optical Drives, both same: Lite-ON LH-20A1S drives (dev/sr0 & dev/sr1) . K3b will only use /dev/sr1 for some reason. It doesn't even see /dev/sr0.

It will see if if I trick it:
1) removed power from /dev/sr1, then it saw and used /dev/sr0, hooked /dev/sr1 power back and refreshed in K3b devices, didn't see /dev/sr1.
2) Thought, okay stuck with just /dev/sr0 then. No, restarted K3b and only /dev/sr1 showing up again.

Other info:
1) Made some home videos to DVD using DVDStyler, I used /dev/sr0 on that just fine.
2) I've also played back DVD's on both devices using Xine.
3) Dmesg sees them both the same.
4) Even removed entries for them in /etc/fstab, cause read it could possible cause confusion with new programs using /run/media/... Still works and works the same in K3b.

So there isn't a problem with the drives. Just can't seem to get K3b to see and use both them. Would be nice to have source DVD in one and burn the copy to the other. Plus it's annoying that
it isn't working the way I want. But maybe that is how K3b works now.

Any good ideas?

Thanks

– Steven Wright
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK k3b is just a gui for commad line "cd-burner" commands.

1) check if k3b has any tweakable config files
2) bother with the command line "cd / dvd / whatever" commands to get the job done.

I have not bothered in ages with that stuff but i think one of the things used is

Code:
[I] app-cdr/cdrtools
     Available versions:  3.01_alpha17 (~)3.01_alpha24 (~)3.01_alpha28 {acl caps +filecaps nls unicode}
     Installed versions:  3.01_alpha28(14:38:25 03.04.2015)(filecaps unicode -acl -caps -nls)
     Homepage:            http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdrtools/
     Description:         A set of tools for CD/DVD reading and recording, including cdrecord

k3b used to show the command line invocation and that should made it easier to adapt for personal use in a shell.

simple tasks may be easy doable with those command line stuff anyway, well i never really bothered with that..

3) ask the k3b forum there, i think they had some sort of forum.
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 'udevadm info' on both nodes might be interesting, but lets go one level deeper - any chance the controller in BIOS is set to IDE instead of AHCI ?
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be UDISKS. The reason I say this is cause it is acting like K3b. 1st post I mention a trick. Well same thing happening with UDISKS.
I will save you from all the other test outputs at first and post just this:
Permissions and user is in cdrom group and plugdev....
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 Jun 1 20:03 sr0
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 1 Jun 1 19:58 sr1

1) Both burners plugged in:
# solid-hardware list details | grep sr1

-> Block.device = '/dev/sr1' (string)

# solid-hardware list details | grep sr0
'NOTHING shows"

2) Just /dev/sr0 plugged in:
# solid-hardware list details | grep sr0

-> Block.device = '/dev/sr0' (string)

# solid-hardware list details | grep sr1
'NOTHING shows"

I'm going to look more into UDISKS on this. I might be barking up same tree, but only thing displaying the same exact behavior.
In fact, had K3b up while doing this. Still showed /dev/sr1, hit refresh and said no optical drives at all. Closed and restarted and now says /dev/sr0 only.

FYI: I might note here that in /dev folder /dev/cdrom is symlinked to /dev/sr0 and /dev/cdrom1 symlinked to /dev/sr1
Put that info in /etc/default/cdrecord and didn't change anything.

***Here is other stuff that doesn't show anything useful that I can tell:

VoidMage
Quote:
Well, 'udevadm info' on both nodes might be interesting, but lets go one level deeper - any chance the controller in BIOS is set to IDE instead of AHCI ?

1) udevadm info doesn't show anything useful and both show the same info.
2) Every peripheral is set AHCI .

tw04l124
Quote:
I have not bothered in ages with that stuff but i think one of the things used is: app-cdr/cdrtools

Ya, cdrtools is where where cdrecord comes from. Equery files cdrtools.

Oh, Forgot to mention above got the same results as root.

****** Here is outputs from previous test that doesn't tell me anything useful. The useful stuff found was when running 'solid-hardware list ' mentioned at top.
But here it is incase it is useful to anyone. Maybe my problem is they are both the same name?

1) Everything looks same here.
$ dmesg | egrep -i 'cdrom|dvd|cd/rw|writer'
ata6.00: ATAPI: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S, 9L09, max UDMA/100
ata5.00: ATAPI: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S, 9L09, max UDMA/100

scsi 4:0:0:0: CD-ROM LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 5:0:0:0: CD-ROM LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20

2) Drive info from cdrdao
$ cdrdao scanbus
Cdrdao version 1.2.3 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@daneb.de>
/dev/sr0 : LITE-ON , DVDRW LH-20A1S , 9L09
/dev/sr1 : LITE-ON , DVDRW LH-20A1S , 9L09

3) Drive info from cdrecord
$ cdrecord -scanbus
scsibus4:
4,0,0 400) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW LH-20A1S ' '9L09' Removable CD-ROM
4,1,0 401) *
4,2,0 402) *
4,3,0 403) *
4,4,0 404) *
4,5,0 405) *
4,6,0 406) *
4,7,0 407) *
scsibus5:
5,0,0 500) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW LH-20A1S ' '9L09' Removable CD-ROM
5,1,0 501) *
5,2,0 502) *
5,3,0 503) *
5,4,0 504) *
5,5,0 505) *
5,6,0 506) *
5,7,0 507) *

4) $ cdrecord --checkdrive
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01a16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2013 Joerg Schilling
scsidev: '/dev/sr0'
devname: '/dev/sr0'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'LITE-ON '
Identifikation : 'DVDRW LH-20A1S '
Revision : '9L09'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: Cannot read drive buffer.
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.

SINCE -checkdrive checks and exits, I figure it must just check first drive. So did it this way also:

$ cdrecord --checkdrive -dev=4,0,0
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01a16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2013 Joerg Schilling
scsidev: '4,0,0'
scsibus: 4 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Capabilities :
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R LAYER_JUMP

$ cdrecord --checkdrive -dev=5,0,0
scsidev: '5,0,0'
scsibus: 5 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Capabilities :

5) As far as tweakable config files for k3b there is only ~/.kde4/share/confi/k3brc and I changed drives in there and doesn't do anything, I don't think it is really a config file, just keeps session info.
I did try stuff with /etc/defaults/cdrecord but doesn't help.

Thanks for you ideas. If you know anything about udisks let me know.

Mine:
# eix udisks
Code:
[I] sys-fs/udisks
     Available versions: 
     (0)    1.0.5 1.0.5-r1
     (2)    2.1.3 2.1.4
       {cryptsetup debug +gptfdisk +introspection nls remote-access selinux systemd}
     Installed versions:  2.1.4(2)(07:11:44 PM 04/09/2015)(gptfdisk introspection -cryptsetup -debug -selinux -systemd)
     Homepage:            http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks
     Description:         Daemon providing interfaces to work with storage devices

– Steven Wright
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say ''udevadm info'', I've said ''udevadm info' on both nodes'.

They can't show the same info, as at very least DEVPATH will differ.

As for udisks, what does 'udisksctl info' print for the nodes ?
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, I misunderstood you. Yes the DEVPATH and few other things just to make them 'I guess' unique enough. I assumed that would be implied, but maybe you'll catch something I didn't, so should have posted it. Here is the sdiff.

udevadm info -a -n for /dev/sr0 & /dev/sr1
Code:
  looking at device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5/host4/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0/block/sr0':   |      looking at device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6/host5/target5:0:0/5:0:0:0/block/sr1':
    KERNEL=="sr0"                                                                                  |        KERNEL=="sr1"
    SUBSYSTEM=="block"                                                                                      SUBSYSTEM=="block"
    DRIVER==""                                                                                              DRIVER==""
    ATTR{ro}=="0"                                                                                           ATTR{ro}=="0"
    ATTR{size}=="472060"                                                                           |        ATTR{size}=="2097151"
    ATTR{stat}=="       0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0                    ATTR{stat}=="       0        0       0       0       0        0        0        0       
    ATTR{range}=="1"                                                                                        ATTR{range}=="1"
    ATTR{discard_alignment}=="0"                                                                            ATTR{discard_alignment}=="0"
    ATTR{events}=="media_change eject_request"                                                              ATTR{events}=="media_change eject_request"
    ATTR{ext_range}=="1"                                                                                    ATTR{ext_range}=="1"
    ATTR{events_poll_msecs}=="-1"                                                                           ATTR{events_poll_msecs}=="-1"
    ATTR{alignment_offset}=="0"                                                                             ATTR{alignment_offset}=="0"
    ATTR{inflight}=="       0        0"                                                                     ATTR{inflight}=="       0        0"
    ATTR{removable}=="1"                                                                                    ATTR{removable}=="1"
    ATTR{capability}=="119"                                                                                 ATTR{capability}=="119"
    ATTR{events_async}==""                                                                                  ATTR{events_async}==""

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5/host4/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0':      |      looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6/host5/target5:0:0/5:0:0:0':
    KERNELS=="4:0:0:0"                                                                             |        KERNELS=="5:0:0:0"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi"                                                                                      SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi"
    DRIVERS=="sr"                                                                                           DRIVERS=="sr"
    ATTRS{rev}=="9L09"                                                                                      ATTRS{rev}=="9L09"
    ATTRS{type}=="5"                                                                                        ATTRS{type}=="5"
    ATTRS{scsi_level}=="6"                                                                                  ATTRS{scsi_level}=="6"
    ATTRS{model}=="DVDRW LH-20A1S  "                                                                        ATTRS{model}=="DVDRW LH-20A1S  "
    ATTRS{state}=="running"                                                                                 ATTRS{state}=="running"
    ATTRS{queue_type}=="none"                                                                               ATTRS{queue_type}=="none"
    ATTRS{iodone_cnt}=="0x242"                                                                     |        ATTRS{iodone_cnt}=="0x231"
    ATTRS{iorequest_cnt}=="0x242"                                                                  |        ATTRS{iorequest_cnt}=="0x23b"
    ATTRS{queue_ramp_up_period}=="120000"                                                                   ATTRS{queue_ramp_up_period}=="120000"
    ATTRS{device_busy}=="0"                                                                                 ATTRS{device_busy}=="0"
    ATTRS{evt_capacity_change_reported}=="0"                                                                ATTRS{evt_capacity_change_reported}=="0"
    ATTRS{timeout}=="30"                                                                                    ATTRS{timeout}=="30"
    ATTRS{evt_media_change}=="0"                                                                            ATTRS{evt_media_change}=="0"
    ATTRS{ioerr_cnt}=="0x2"                                                                                 ATTRS{ioerr_cnt}=="0x2"
    ATTRS{queue_depth}=="1"                                                                                 ATTRS{queue_depth}=="1"
    ATTRS{vendor}=="LITE-ON "                                                                               ATTRS{vendor}=="LITE-ON "
    ATTRS{evt_soft_threshold_reached}=="0"                                                                  ATTRS{evt_soft_threshold_reached}=="0"
    ATTRS{device_blocked}=="0"                                                                              ATTRS{device_blocked}=="0"
    ATTRS{evt_mode_parameter_change_reported}=="0"                                                          ATTRS{evt_mode_parameter_change_reported}=="0"
    ATTRS{evt_lun_change_reported}=="0"                                                                     ATTRS{evt_lun_change_reported}=="0"
    ATTRS{evt_inquiry_change_reported}=="0"                                                                 ATTRS{evt_inquiry_change_reported}=="0"
    ATTRS{iocounterbits}=="32"                                                                              ATTRS{iocounterbits}=="32"
    ATTRS{eh_timeout}=="10"                                                                                 ATTRS{eh_timeout}=="10"

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5/host4/target4:0:0':              |      looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6/host5/target5:0:0':
    KERNELS=="target4:0:0"                                                                         |        KERNELS=="target5:0:0"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi"                                                                                      SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi"
    DRIVERS==""                                                                                             DRIVERS==""

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5/host4':                          |      looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6/host5':
    KERNELS=="host4"                                                                               |        KERNELS=="host5"
    DRIVERS==""                                                                                             DRIVERS==""

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5':                                |      looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6':
    KERNELS=="ata5"                                                                                |        KERNELS=="ata6"
    SUBSYSTEMS==""                                                                                          SUBSYSTEMS==""

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2':                                            looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2':
    KERNELS=="0000:00:1f.2"                                                                                 KERNELS=="0000:00:1f.2"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="pci"                                                                                       SUBSYSTEMS=="pci"
    DRIVERS=="ahci"                                                                                         DRIVERS=="ahci"
    ATTRS{irq}=="41"                                                                                        ATTRS{irq}=="41"
    ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x1458"                                                                       ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x1458"
    ATTRS{broken_parity_status}=="0"                                                                        ATTRS{broken_parity_status}=="0"
    ATTRS{class}=="0x010601"                                                                                ATTRS{class}=="0x010601"
    ATTRS{enabled}=="1"                                                                                     ATTRS{enabled}=="1"
    ATTRS{consistent_dma_mask_bits}=="64"                                                                   ATTRS{consistent_dma_mask_bits}=="64"
    ATTRS{dma_mask_bits}=="64"                                                                              ATTRS{dma_mask_bits}=="64"
    ATTRS{local_cpus}=="f"                                                                                  ATTRS{local_cpus}=="f"
    ATTRS{device}=="0x1e02"                                                                                 ATTRS{device}=="0x1e02"
    ATTRS{msi_bus}==""                                                                                      ATTRS{msi_bus}==""
    ATTRS{local_cpulist}=="0-3"                                                                             ATTRS{local_cpulist}=="0-3"
    ATTRS{vendor}=="0x8086"                                                                                 ATTRS{vendor}=="0x8086"
    ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0xb005"                                                                       ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0xb005"
    ATTRS{numa_node}=="-1"                                                                                  ATTRS{numa_node}=="-1"

looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00':                                                         looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00':
    KERNELS=="pci0000:00"                                                                                   KERNELS=="pci0000:00"
    SUBSYSTEMS==""                                                                                          SUBSYSTEMS==""

udisksctl info -b for /dev/sr0 & /dev/sr1
Code:
/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sr0:                                                                       |     /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sr1:
  org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block:                                                                                          org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block:
    Configuration:              []                                                                                          Configuration:              []
    CryptoBackingDevice:        '/'                                                                                         CryptoBackingDevice:        '/'
    Device:                     /dev/sr0                                                                          |         Device:                     /dev/sr1
    DeviceNumber:               2816                                                                              |         DeviceNumber:               2817
    Drive:                      '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S_LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S              Drive:                     '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives....'
    HintAuto:                   true                                                                                        HintAuto:                   true
    HintIconName:                                                                                                           HintIconName:               
    HintIgnore:                 false                                                                                       HintIgnore:                 false
    HintName:                                                                                                               HintName:                   
    HintPartitionable:          false                                                                                       HintPartitionable:          false
    HintSymbolicIconName:                                                                                                   HintSymbolicIconName:       
    HintSystem:                 false                                                                                       HintSystem:                 false
    Id:                                                                                                                     Id:                         
    IdLabel:                                                                                                                IdLabel:                   
    IdType:                                                                                                                 IdType:                     
    IdUUID:                                                                                                                 IdUUID:                     
    IdUsage:                                                                                                                IdUsage:                   
    IdVersion:                                                                                                              IdVersion:                 
    MDRaid:                     '/'                                                                                         MDRaid:                     '/'
    MDRaidMember:               '/'                                                                                         MDRaidMember:               '/'
    PreferredDevice:            /dev/sr0                                                                          |         PreferredDevice:            /dev/sr1
    ReadOnly:                   true                                                                                        ReadOnly:                   true
    Size:                       241694720                                                                         |         Size:                       0
    Symlinks:                   /dev/cdrom                                                                        |         Symlinks:                   /dev/cdrom1
                                /dev/disk/by-id/ata-LITE-ON_DVDRW_LH-20A1S                                                                              /dev/disk/by-id/ata-LITE-ON_DVDRW_LH-20A1S

** Drive is the same on both: LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S_LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S
I just shortened it above so didn't bleed into the /dev/sr0 side. Also had a CD in /dev/sr0 so that is why 'Size' has a value.
*** Since had a CD in /dev/sr0 in next test and it saw the media. Removed the media and that information change. Then stuck it in /dev/sr1. The results from test didn't change.
Which says it only runs on the 1st drive and exits.

Which since both called the same drive I could only do next one on that drive.

Test ran with cdrom in /dev/sr0
udisksctl info -d 'LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S_LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S'
Code:
/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S_LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S:
  org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Drive:
    CanPowerOff:                false
    Configuration:              {}
    ConnectionBus:             
    Ejectable:                  true
    Id:                         LITE-ON-DVDRW-LH-20A1S-LITE-ON_DVDRW_LH-20A1S
    Media:                      optical_cd
    MediaAvailable:             true
    MediaChangeDetected:        true
    MediaCompatibility:         optical_cd
                                optical_cd_r
                                optical_cd_rw
                                optical_dvd
                                optical_dvd_plus_r
                                optical_dvd_plus_r_dl
                                optical_dvd_plus_rw
                                optical_dvd_r
                                optical_dvd_ram
                                optical_dvd_rw
                                optical_mrw
                                optical_mrw_w
    MediaRemovable:             true
    Model:                      LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S
    Optical:                    true
    OpticalBlank:               false
    OpticalNumAudioTracks:      1
    OpticalNumDataTracks:       0
    OpticalNumSessions:         1
    OpticalNumTracks:           1
    Removable:                  true
    Revision:                   9L09
    RotationRate:               -1
    Seat:                       seat0
    Serial:                     LITE-ON_DVDRW_LH-20A1S
    SiblingId:                 
    Size:                       241694720
    SortKey:                    00coldplug/11removable/sr0
    TimeDetected:               1433279519388939
    TimeMediaDetected:          1433279519388939
    Vendor:                     
    WWN:                       
  org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Drive.Ata:
    AamEnabled:                                 false
    AamSupported:                               false
    AamVendorRecommendedValue:                  0
    ApmEnabled:                                 false
    ApmSupported:                               false
    PmEnabled:                                  false
    PmSupported:                                false
    SecurityEnhancedEraseUnitMinutes:           0
    SecurityEraseUnitMinutes:                   0
    SecurityFrozen:                             false
    SmartEnabled:                               false
    SmartFailing:                               false
    SmartNumAttributesFailedInThePast:          -1
    SmartNumAttributesFailing:                  -1
    SmartNumBadSectors:                         1
    SmartPowerOnSeconds:                        0
    SmartSelftestPercentRemaining:              -1
    SmartSelftestStatus:                       
    SmartSupported:                             false
    SmartTemperature:                           0.0
    SmartUpdated:                               0
    WriteCacheEnabled:                          false
    WriteCacheSupported:                        false

Remerged Kdelibs without udisks, but K3b balks at not using udisks. Changed the ebuild to exclude udisks. Emerged K3b. It didn't see any Burners at all!!!
Which I think is proof that K3b uses Udisks for drive information.
Remerged Kdelibs and K3b with Udisks USE Flag and back to same problem.

FYI: Just tried xfburn. It sees both drives and ready to use. Doesn't look like it does copies though. But could use either drive to burn with if want. Still want K3b working if can.

– Steven Wright
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... :roll: for the time being, I don't care that much about attribute walk, I wanted to see udev markings.
Also, for completeness sake, post 'lspci -k' too.

...and just my personal opinion, but those sdiffs make thing less readable, at least on this forum.

Last edited by VoidMage on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

Code:
# lspci -k
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5000
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5007
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 1c3a
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device a014
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev c4)
00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 7 (rev c4)
00:1c.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device b005
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 [GeForce GTX 560] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: eVga.com. Corp. Device 1469
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidiafb, nvidia
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: eVga.com. Corp. Device 1469
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
03:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VL80x xHCI USB 3.0 Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5007
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
04:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 41)
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device e000
        Kernel driver in use: alx
        Kernel modules: alx
07:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device b000
        Kernel driver in use: ahci

– Steven Wright
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=337553
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Ticket!

Did look at K3b bugs, even searched for multiple I think. Thanks!

Thanks, to everyone that contributed to this problem.

– Steven Wright
Decibels
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added to the bug report. Noticed how udisks is behaving and reporting. So added my results:
Udisks reports two ways:

a) udi = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S_LITE_ON_DVDRW_LH_20A1S
1) where it only report /dev/sr1 (maybe just the last drive it sees if both the same)
2) this way only looks at 'drives'

b) '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sr0' AND udi = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sr1'
1) where it reports both devices /dev/sr0 & /dev/sr1
2) this way looks at 'block_devices'

c) Looks like K3b is only looking at udi = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/

– Steven Wright
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: