View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fbe2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: xfce using kde Reply with quote

Hey. I am a newbie to gentoo, so please forgive any bovious questions.

I am using xcfe4 and want to install a kde application: okular. when I try to emerge it (emerge --ask kde-base/okular) I get a lot of mess, but in sorting it out I thought I would start with this. One of the messages is: "Sorry, but gcc-4.3 and earlier won't work for KDE SC 4.6" which is odd since I have version - gcc (Gentoo 4.8.4 p1.5, pie-0.6.1) 4.8.4. More odd, part of the same paragraph is: " /usr/portage/eclass/toolchain-funcs.eclass: line 578: /home/bev/projects/Code/cpp: Is a directory". That dir is a personal dir that holds my cpp stuff, I think it is irrelevant to this emerge. In fact, I didn't put it in until I got the thing working, which included desktop and networking.

So why is that directory coming up in the emerge? (I do it as root, btw). Why am I unable to emerge it based on an erroneous check of the version number?

Thanks

Bev
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure gcc-config -l has the star pointing to the correct version of gcc (or --depclean any old gcc you have installed.)

No clue about the directories unless you were happened to be cd'ed into a that directory and there was a directory name or you have a custom script conflicting with a system script...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: