Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
guys NOT running GNOME/XFCE (gsettings), got this problem?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: guys NOT running GNOME/XFCE (gsettings), got this problem? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone not running an environment which autostarts gnomesettings daemon, is on ~amd64 and being up to date has run into this problem: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=553870

Basically, everything that makes calls to gvfs takes a huge time to load until some timeout triggers, that's annoying as hell (f.e. gimp needs 30s on exporting EVERY image).
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running awesomeWM. no auto-login, no login-manager, simply "startx" after terminal-login ;)
I use glib-2.44.1 since it got added in the gnome overlay. gvfs/gtk2+3/gimp etc are ~amd64, but I am not running entirely testing, just some (many...) packages in package.accept_keywords/.unmask
One difference: I am running systemd, you seem to run openrc. As I have openrc still installed I could reboot for a test, probably later.

I do not have your issues.
As you have enabled USE="libproxy" for glib-networking: Do you run a proxy and have http_proxy, https_proxy, ... exported? Does disabling that USE Flag solve your issue? (30 secs could really be a network timeout...)

// UPDATE:
Tested with openrc now and still no issues. startup time as usual, file dialogs nearly instant - I have a HDD drive, no SSD, so not REALLY fast, but quite a bit less than 30 sec...

Last edited by franzf on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
tclover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not have that issue last time, a few month ago, gvfs was around. I've just killed it because it brought a few GNOME/SystemDebug OS dependencies which I did not care the least... Now, my system is GVFS free with a tiny set of gtk+-2 apps and a single--SpaceFM--gtk+-3 app for testing only! (Darn... why not kill gtk+-3 entirely? ...) Beware of the gtk[23] USE flags and especially gnome USE flag to not bring in [unnecessary] bloat which you might be better off without.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for both of your answers, I poked around and recompiled with USE=-libproxy, than rebuild thunar&glib, but the problem stays the same, timeout and giving
Code:
org.gtk.vfs.MountTracker.listMountableInfo call failed: Timeout was reached (g-io-error-quark, 24)

BTW, I didn't set libproxy, it's default in the ebuild.
tclover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a D-Bus issue... either the service died or not starded. Try to start it or loggout and then in to strat your dbus session entirely. You might merge d-feet for debugging and inspect services.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacho gave the tip (on b.g.o) to rebuilt dbus-glib, which didn't work, so I'm going to try yours next. In the meantime, killing of gvfs really solves the problem, but breaks some functionality(no thumbnailing f.e.).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: