View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rezza
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: GTK+ theming problems Reply with quote

I have recently noticed that my GTK+2 themes aren't working properly any more... Basically what happens when I try to change it is a couple of the stock toolbar icons will be changed, a couple of miscellaneous other icons, and the colours MIGHT be changed. The rest of the theme (widgets and most stock toolbar icons) will stay exactly as they are.

This obviously leads to some ugly-looking setups, so can anybody give me an idea of a solution? I'm sure the problem is in my gtkrc files somewhere, would I be doing a very silly thing if I just found and got rid of all gtkrc files, then reinstalled GTK and its theming engines, and the themes themselves? would that rebuild me a working configuration?

example of what this looks like: (this is with the gorilla gtk2 theme. notice the home and stop toolbar icons have changed, but not the rest? and the widgets are still industrial style...)

[img:a77290964c]http://rezza.uni.cc/images/nautilus.png[/img:a77290964c]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have already tried re-emerging GTK+2.4 and the theming engines - I even re-emerged nautilus, just in case ;) but no luck.

Last edited by rezza on Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stu L Tissimus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find this of interest. I'm guessing you emerged gnome-themes-extras. Well, I did yesterday, and it seems to be broken with Gnome 2.4... And to make it worse, it seems that you cannot get it anywhere.

One more tihng... You and I seem to have very similar tastes, I was using Industrial before I _tried_ to use Gorilla! ^_^
rezza
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using gnome-themes-extras since gnome 2.2, and never had any problems before. This only started happening recently, and its been working fine with gnome 2.4 and gnome-themes-extras in the past, so I don't think thats the problem. Unless its a newer build of GTK+2.4 which is clashing with something?
Stu L Tissimus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... Certainly interesting. Well, my version of gnome-themes-extra isn't working.

Do me a favor... Change the window border to Gorilla. Does it seem to just have no border at all?
rezza
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems at all with metacity, so when i change window borders, it works fine.

I'm just a little confused as to why this started happening...
rezza
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna wait for a few ebuilds to finish, then i'll backup, nuke this user account, delete the user directory, recreate the account, then restore.

It seems like an excessive solution I know, but this is really starting to piss me off...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: