mencoder failure when trying to decode mpeg2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bastibasti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: mencoder failure when trying to decode mpeg2 Reply with quote

Hi,

I use mencoder to convert a DVD to DIVX. This script has not been altered and I use the following mencoder command line:

Code:

mencoder vid.m2v -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:v4mv:dia=4:trell:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:autoaspect -nosound  -ffourcc DX50 -o /dev/null
mencoder vid.m2v -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:v4mv:dia=4:trell:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:autoaspect -nosound  -ffourcc DX50 -o video0.avi

I havent used this for a while - so now I keep getting:

Code:

[mpeg2video @ 0xb6041400]get_buffer() failed (stride changed)
Error while decoding frame!

I have tried to build the latest (9999) mplayer package but same result. My slackware test system (mplayer 1.1) doesnt have the issue but I cannot compile mplayer <2014 due o some libav issue.

Any ideas?
Schnulli
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: mencoder failure when trying to decode mpeg2 Reply with quote

bastibasti wrote:
Hi,

I use mencoder to convert a DVD to DIVX. This script has not been altered and I use the following mencoder command line:

Code:

mencoder vid.m2v -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:v4mv:dia=4:trell:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:autoaspect -nosound  -ffourcc DX50 -o /dev/null
mencoder vid.m2v -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:v4mv:dia=4:trell:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:autoaspect -nosound  -ffourcc DX50 -o video0.avi

I havent used this for a while - so now I keep getting:

Code:

[mpeg2video @ 0xb6041400]get_buffer() failed (stride changed)
Error while decoding frame!

I have tried to build the latest (9999) mplayer package but same result. My slackware test system (mplayer 1.1) doesnt have the issue but I cannot compile mplayer <2014 due o some libav issue.

HI
this is a codec problem and >=< mplayer problem.. use other codecs and it works....slotted !!!! and all is fine
I had nearly same issues, by using older working codecs and apps it worked again
...... i remember libav codec in older versions is masked, unmask and enjoy

Regards

Any ideas?
Buffoon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIVX5 ?!?
Wouldn't it be better to use something that is MPEG-4 standards compliant and has full support in Linux?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: