Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Bootable Gentoo image for USB armory released (Linux 4.3.0)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakaki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Bootable Gentoo image for USB armory released (Linux 4.3.0) Reply with quote

Hello

Do you own a USB armory (a Cortex A8-based computer in a USB-stick form factor)?

If so, you may be interested to know that I've just released a bootable Gentoo image for this neat little machine, on GitHub (here).

It uses kernel version 4.3.0 from gentoo-sources, and OpenRC init. All binaries (apps and libraries) on the image have been rebuilt from scratch to target the device's processor specifically (you can see the make.conf used here).

You can burn the supplied image (225MiB compressed) to a microSD card (>=8GB), then boot your armory from it. Once booted, you can log in via the g_cdc serial-over-USB or Ethernet-over-USB connections presented automatically on the host PC.

It's a full (persistent) armv7a-hardfloat Gentoo system, not simply a 'minimal install' or 'stage3', so once logged in you can run emerge operations etc. immediately.

Full instructions are provided on the project's GitHub page (including how to set-up networking on your PC, so that your armory can access the internet).

If you get a chance to try it, please let me know how you get on ^-^

sakaki
Kalin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Great news, thank you!

I have one of these sitting on my desk for sometime (lack of time), looks like a good project :idea: for the coming vacation :-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: