[SOLVED] Making a bootable USB from image
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troopo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Making a bootable USB from image Reply with quote

Hi,

What i need is a way to create a bootable Win 7 installation DOK from an image and it should be UEFI.

Rufus Works great on Win for that but this time i wanted to try from Gentoo :)

For some reason i couldn't find an alternative that actually works (didn't even get to the UEFI part).

I've tried Unetbootin, Winusb, live-usb and using DD but none of them work.
The strange part that all seem to copy the files but some how mess up the bootloader or boot process or something...
Tested on 2 different Dok's.

Any ideas or further recommendations? it should be a simple task... :cry:

Last edited by Troopo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i read somewhere is you can create boot media with an already installed windows.

i doubt htere are any tools to create windows installer discs, hardly any use for a linux guy

my asus g75vw has the key in hte bios. i installed it in september with the windows iso i downlaoded from mirnosoft itself, and click click and somehow when it connnected to the server it activated windi 10 license with the windi 8 in the bioy or windos 7 key. wahtever, used notebook which i refurbished. uefi asus bios.

as windi 10 has issues, it kicked the bucket after a few days.

when you want to install windi, get the iso from mirnosoft itself or your manufacturerer
Troopo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tw04l124 wrote:
what i read somewhere is you can create boot media with an already installed windows.

i doubt htere are any tools to create windows installer discs, hardly any use for a linux guy

my asus g75vw has the key in hte bios. i installed it in september with the windows iso i downlaoded from mirnosoft itself, and click click and somehow when it connnected to the server it activated windi 10 license with the windi 8 in the bioy or windos 7 key. wahtever, used notebook which i refurbished. uefi asus bios.

as windi 10 has issues, it kicked the bucket after a few days.

when you want to install windi, get the iso from mirnosoft itself or your manufacturerer

Thanks.

Fortunately i solved my issues with the following blog post:
http://onetransistor.blogspot.co.il/2014/09/make-bootable-windows-usb-from-ubuntu.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: