☑ dev-util/catalyst - how to define ${clst_boot_kernel}
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaser Andrey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: ☑ dev-util/catalyst - how to define ${clst_boot_kernel} Reply with quote

Catalyst use variable ${clst_boot_kernel}. I don't understand how I can define it.

I build minimal-install-cd.iso with Catalyst. I want to replace openrc with systemd, and I need push additional arguments in cmdline: init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd

I think, I can do it with ${clst_boot_kernel}, can't I do?

Last edited by Chaser Andrey on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaser Andrey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got answer in IRC:
Quote:

[19:12] <dol-sen> Add "boot/kernel: foo" to you spec file and optionally "boot/kernel/gentoo/packages: cat/pkg" for any firmware and user space tools for networking, etc.
[19:15] <dol-sen> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/releng.git/tree/releases/weekly/specs/amd64/installcd-stage2-minimal.spec
[19:16] <dol-sen> use that as an example
[19:16] <dol-sen> clst_boot_kernel <== clst_ prefix is added to all variables exprted from the python side to the bash build environment
[19:17] <dol-sen> and since -,/ are not allowed in variable names in bash, they are substituted to _
[19:19] <dol-sen> mostly at least, I think there are a few clst_* variables actually created in the bash side
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: