Packages upgrade - qt & plasma conflicts
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkolenda
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Packages upgrade - qt & plasma conflicts Reply with quote

Once upon a time I upgrade packages in my system to the latest unblocked ones and every-one-time I end up with dependency blocks.
Usually I solve them by uninstalling packages which are blocking installation and everything that depends on them.
Lately i have decided to give a try to kde5/plasma desktop environment, written lots of entries to /etc/portage/package.accepted_keywords/kde-frameworks-5.19.keywords and ../kde-plasma-5.5.keywords

I have kde-plasma/plasma-desktop-5.5.5-r1 installed at the moment but i wish to upgrade to 5.6.5 or 5.7.1 which are marked as test packages for now.
Mostly because 5.5.5-r1 is extremely unstable on my configuration. I have 2 monitors at the moment with nvidia drivers and i suspend my system to ram.
Plasma is often crashing, my panels are disappearing, i have to create new ones and configure them as i wish them to be but then after restart i'm getting back my old ones or similar crap happens.

At the moment i have qtcore 5.5.1 installed, i don't really feel need to upgrade it at the moment but i definitely want newer plasma-desktop or i'm gonna remove this 'cause it's blocking me from work.

I tried to upgrade world. Here is the output: http://dpaste.com/05NQGSW

You see my case now. I would like you to tell me how would you solve this problem, convince me to try other desktop environment or something.
Just say something. I feel lonely.

At the worst scenario i'm going to spend two nights in black console with two blacked out screens removing everything connected with qt, kde, plasma and installing again.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Packages upgrade - qt & plasma conflicts Reply with quote

mkolenda wrote:
At the moment i have qtcore 5.5.1 installed, i don't really feel need to upgrade it at the moment but i definitely want newer plasma-desktop or i'm gonna remove this 'cause it's blocking me from work.

Qt-5.5.1 is part of the problem, and besides that, Plasma-5.6.5 _needs_ Qt-5.6.1

Use the provided package.keywords files from kde overlay to unmask kde-frameworks-5.23 and plasma-5.6, the latter also unmasks all of Qt-5.6.1.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: