View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: konsole remote tab title sticky Reply with quote

Unless I've been dreaming for years konsole would change the tab title to the remote hostname when I shelled in (with a %H in the "Remote tab title format"). It still does that - sort of - it changes the tab title to the hostname of the first host I shell into, if I logout and that remote host and shell into another host, the tab title again shows the hostrname of the first remote host I shelled into and not the new host I just logged into. I'm using konsole-16.08.1.

russK
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkphader,

Does it matter which host the 2nd remote host you log into is, or does it happen on any remote host?

I used to have a similar issue with one particular host that I could fix with 'cd .' - (that's a 'cd' command to the current directory, "dot") I presume the terminal emulator will watch the esc sequences for the prompt to set the title. Are you using bash on that remote host?

Also, is it only konsole ? Or does it also happen with other terminal emulators?

Regards
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens with all hosts. Some remote hosts are running bash, others are running ksh. Whichever host I remote to first, that host's name remains sticky on that tab for all remote sessions - that is the tab title returns to normal when I close the remote session, but no matter what host I ssh into after that the tab title will display the first host I shelled into.

I don't have any other terminals installed that show tabs (that I know of - does xterm do this?).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: