View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tld
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mythtv=0.28.1-r1 Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
Since I cannot discover any errors in my settings, and I see that the errors were corrected in version -0.28.2 I shall remain with version 0.27 until a later, (amended?) version is available.
Actually 0.28.2 is entered as the target version for that issue, but as far as I can see, there is not such version at all as yet, so there's probably no way to do a Gentoo version bump as yet.

Tom
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is a build error, no bump is strictly required. Anyone who built successfully does not need these patches. Anyone who needs these patches has no install of this version. Thus, a new iteration of the ebuild for this version could include patches to fix these build issues, if such patches exist. The referenced MythTV issue seems to have several commits that might be such patches. While Gentoo generally prefers following upstream over maintaining backports of fixes, it's not unreasonable to suggest carrying backports of unreleased patches until the release comes out, at which point the new release can be added.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

I logged into bugzilla to report a bug, but found it to be already reported as bug 627276.

[Moderator edit: added [bug] tag to link to the report, for the benefit of future readers. -Hu]
tld
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
I logged into bugzilla to report a bug, but found it to be already reported as bug 627276.
If that's it that would explain why I haven't run into it. I don't have the gles2 USE flag set...hadn't actually ever heard of it before.
Tom
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gles2 should be avoided, I don't know why people enabled it in the first place.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

I have removed the offending USE flag 'gles2' :
[ USE="-gles2 emerge -N `qlist -I dev-qt`]
and media-tv/mythtv-0.28-r1 now compiles.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: libdvb removal Reply with quote

A change of processor caused me to attempt an 'emerge pve world' . The following was part of the result:

Code:
[The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.unmask" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by @selected
# required by @world (argument)
# /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> (28 Dec 2017)
# Dead since 2005, nothing requires it, installs object files in
# /usr/share/doc (#451792). Removal in a month.
=media-libs/libdvb-0.5.5.1-r3 ]

[equery d libdvb ] also returns that it is required by mythtv.

Would this be that my version of mythtv was compiled with libdvb, but it is no longer required, or is the statement that it is 'Dead since 2005' incorrect ?

I am reluctant to re-emerge mythtv, in case it calls for a non-available libdvb. I'd like to know if anyone is running mythtv without this library.

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new mythtv-0.28.1-r3, and as far as I can tell that's just to peg it to USE="-dvb" and prevent the need for libdvb. You just need to fix you package.keywords entry. I did this a week ago.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Mythtv and libdvb Reply with quote

Thanks Depontius. It seemed a bit odd; to 'minus dvb' when I have a digital tv card! However, looking at my settings in package use, I saw that I had mythtv set with 'dvb'. On it's removal, mythtv compiled faultlessly.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retest your setup after rebuilding with DVB hard-disabled. I'm still on -r2 (where the USE flag existed) and had a card stop working when Myth was built with USE=-dvb. Rebuilding with USE=dvb made the card work correctly. Even with USE=dvb, Myth does not rely on libdvb, but that flag does cause configure to receive a --enable-dvb parameter.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: mythtv-0.28.1-r4 Reply with quote

I am now on 0.28.1-r4. Since leaving version 0.27.* I have found the program to be unstable, in that some of the keys, including "esc" do not function as the Manual states they should. It's particularly irritating that I cannot terminate a viewing, live or recording, in the middle with the esc key, as previously with the earlier version.

I'd return to 0.27.** like a shot if it were to be available, but it has been withdrawn from my profile. I found it to be quite stable and never had any problems with it.
jd2066
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: mythtv-0.28.1-r4 Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
I am now on 0.28.1-r4. Since leaving version 0.27.* I have found the program to be unstable, in that some of the keys, including "esc" do not function as the Manual states they should. It's particularly irritating that I cannot terminate a viewing, live or recording, in the middle with the esc key, as previously with the earlier version.

That is odd, I have had 0.28.1 installed for a while, just updated to the 0.28.1-r4 version and the ESC key works just fine for me to end anything including watching recordings.

I would recommend checking out the forums, mailing lists and/or IRC channels listed on the mythtv.org support page and asking there about your issue with the keys not working.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surrendered. Latest MariaDB upgrade killed my MythTV installation. Instead of investing time into resurrecting it I installed Tvheadend. My frontends are Kodi for some time now. All good.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: