Amarok volume problem [WORKAROUND FOUND]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Amarok volume problem [WORKAROUND FOUND] Reply with quote

Since a few months ago I've had an issue with the volume in Amarok: I can't raise the volume, only lower it. It doesn't matter what I use: mouse wheel, keyboard or remote, whenever I press volume up it lowers the volume, if I repeatedly try and raise the volume, it lowers it in increasing steps. The only way I can somehow set the volume is by clicking full volume with the mouse, and then carefully try and lower it to an acceptable level.
I'm running Amarok v. 2.8.0 with pulseaudio 9.0 and phonon 4.9.0. Interestingly I only have the VLC Phonon backend (earlier I had gstreamer too), but I can no longer install the gstreamer backend since it's blocked by qtwebkit (or some other package).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is it a side issue of staying with KDE4? I have no interest in upgrading to Plasma5 until it's perfectly stable and works with multiple monitors. It would however be nice to actually be able to use the volume when listening to music!

Last edited by KLarsen on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a problem with pulse audio, i dont use it, and my amarok works fine with vlc backend. I also use plasma 5, ~amd64, and it works beautifully, only missing some kdepim things which are hardmasked for the time being, not sure about multiple monitors as i havnt tried that in many years but they are indeed supported with plasma 5
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the plunge and updated to Plasma-5 a few days ago, but it didn't solve my Amarok problem (and introduced a lot of other problems, but I'm working at those).
At least now I can change the volume of Amarok through the Plasma Audio Volume, so I'll use that as a workaround.

Thanks for your input!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: