grub-mkconfig problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdfg
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: grub-mkconfig problem Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with grub. When trying to run grub-mkconfig, I get the error "grub-probe: error: disk `cryptouuid/$uuid' not found." Which is true, because $uuid doesn't exist on any machine I run, and I have no idea where it's getting that from. Running grub-probe --verbose tells me it's checking for /dev/mapper/cryptroot, which is the correct location, but it says it isn't present, despite the fact that it's mounted and that's where grub itself is running from. I'm very confused. Can anyone help? This is within a chroot for a fresh install of gentoo, /boot isn't encrypted, I've checked /sys/proc/mount{s,info} and everything seems fine there.
sdfg
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, update, not sure it gets me any further, not sure where to go with it.

Whilst trawling through everything I could think of, I came across this entry in /dev/disk/by-id:

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Dec  8 16:57 dm-uuid-CRYPT-LUKS1-$uuid-cryptroot -> ../../dm-0

That $uuid is the same one that grub-probe says it can't find. dm-0 is indeed where /dev/mapper/cryptroot is pointing to.

Any suggestions where to look further?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: