Problem with Kuickshow on Fluxbox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyvern
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Problem with Kuickshow on Fluxbox Reply with quote

I have Kuickshow-0.8-r2 on my gentoo machine running fluxbox-0.1.14-r1. The version of kdegraphics I'm using is 3.1.2 and the version of imlib is 1.9.14-r1.

Kuickshow appears to work in most respects, but can't seem to properly open a window to display an image. I.e., to view an image in kuickshow you click on the image and a separate window opens up displaying the image. In my case that window is not being properly created, I get a tab with a tiny little fragment of a windo below it (ultra-minimized). If I expand the window I see nothing in it(just black).

I've tried it with KDE and it works. I do have kdeinit running constantly in the background (I like knotes). I tried killing kdeinit and trying kuickshow but had the same problem.

Anyone else experience this? I've searched the forums but found nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

:)
easykill
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, both with stable fluxbox and devel (0.93) fluxbox.
Clapper
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalk me up as another kuickshow-less fluxbox user. I am using the most recent emerge build, and, when I click a file, in konqueror, it can't open it with the kuickshow application, as it should.

However, I believe that if I start kuickshow as a standalone app, then navigate to the image, it will open it.

anyone have any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: