LiveCD howto?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRiO
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: LiveCD howto? Reply with quote

Greetings to all...
This is just a small thing I've been wondering about: how would I go about customizing the Gentoo LiveCD? Basically, the reason is that I have a small server box (which, due to the crappy internal DSL modem, has to run Windows), which is nice, quiet and small - hence, I can take it to a mate's house and use it as a DVD player or some such using a MoviX LiveCD.
However, I've been feeling the need for customization... I'd like to modify the Gentoo LiveCD to support MoviX-like features (basically, to add MPlayer to it), and also support emulators - I'd like to be able to take the box round, pop a CD in and plug my gamepads into the back, and have it boot up using the TV-Out feature of the TNT graphics card, allowing me to play movies or some elder SNES/MAME games etc. I've tried with Knoppix, but unfortunately, the server has just the one drive in it - meaning that I can't eject the CD to pop in DVDs and such. Using MoviX and the Gentoo CD, I can eject the CD...
So basically, I'd just love to see a howto that has details on customizing the Gentoo CD... if anyone could help, it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers,
FRiO
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: