Popcorn time error in libnss[SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingAnt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Popcorn time error in libnss[SOLVED] Reply with quote

So, i want see some movies in my gentoo machine until my other machine be ready, but i'm getting that error:

Code:
./Popcorn-Time: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where i can find that lib?
thanks

Last edited by KingAnt on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is provided by the package named dev-libs/nss. Please report a defect to the author of the Popcorn-Time ebuild to correct their RDEPEND so that Portage will automatically install this supporting package for users who emerge Popcorn-Time.
KingAnt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man! actually its not from Portage, i get from github -> https://github.com/popcorn-official/popcorn-desktop :D (i think i am the first to run in gentoo, because i did not find nothing about it!)

Thanks for the tip ;)
Ordinateur91
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was about to reccomend the same. Hope it worked out good:)
archenroot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingAnt wrote:
Thanks man! actually its not from Portage, i get from github -> https://github.com/popcorn-official/popcorn-desktop :D (i think i am the first to run in gentoo, because i did not find nothing about it!)

Thanks for the tip ;)

You are not first, I have and ebuild here about 2 years old and use this app from its beginning on Gentoo :-)
https://github.com/archenroot/gentoo-overlay/tree/master/media-tv/popcorntime-bin/files

Howerver I am having for few days some issue, there are few errors:
Code:
LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
/opt/popcorntime-bin/nacl_helper
[9634:9634:0914/115243:ERROR:nacl_fork_delegate_linux.cc(315)] Bad NaCl helper startup ack (0 bytes)
[9632:9648:0914/115243:ERROR:nss_util.cc(809)] After loading Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018

These are common messages and so far all worked just fine, but now Movies stopped suddenly working... could be some servers down, etc.

Anyway superior free netflix :-)
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archenroot wrote:
Code:
LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
/opt/popcorntime-bin/nacl_helper
[9634:9634:0914/115243:ERROR:nacl_fork_delegate_linux.cc(315)] Bad NaCl helper startup ack (0 bytes)
[9632:9648:0914/115243:ERROR:nss_util.cc(809)] After loading Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018

archenroot ... that is a failure to execvp (the kernel runing the program, scheduling it for execution, initialising memory structures, etc). It's broken, most probably because (being a binary distributed executable) it depends on something, a library, or function, that nolonger exists (ie, the package that provided it was updated). By the looks of it it's dev-libs/nss and/or net-libs/nacl ... and you should probably have one or other, or both, anchored to a version in DEPENDS.

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: