24 bit bootsplash
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycroes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: 24 bit bootsplash Reply with quote

I've been using the Bootsplash for about a week now, but after I started X colors on my bootsplash get f***ed up, because my bootsplash is 16 bit and X 24... Now the problem is that when I set my bootsplash/framebuffer to 24 bit I don't get any bootsplash anymore, and there's no /proc/splash neither... Anyone got bootsplash to work with 24 bit colors?
I'm using kernel 2.6 test 9 (still need to download 10...)
I hope this post is a the right spot, couldn't find better place for it...
Greetings,

Michael
bruor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to let you know that was my main problem when i was trying to get the bootsplash working, i think they have made it to only work with 16 bit color.. with the nvidia driver at teh same resolution i get artifacts across the top of the screen. i dont get this with just FB mode only when bootsplash is on

let me know if you ever get a 24 bit bootsplash working that would be great to know how to do
mycroes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Still haven't... Reply with quote

Still haven't got it to work, am using Windows more than Linux lately so I haven't really needed that 24 bit bootsplash... I'm also still using Xree86 instead of Xorg just because I'm using an old version :P And my compiler flags are messed up, and the list goes on... Just need to reinstall :P I don't know why it's only 16 bit, but there must be some reason for it... I think I just need to take a look at the source to see why...
Greetings,

Michael
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: