Skylake Sound both on Headphone and Speaker
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadrian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Skylake Sound both on Headphone and Speaker Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forums, after using gentoo for almost a decade. I've recently bought a new laptop (ASUS TP510). First of all, a tip to all buyers of ASUS hardware, they're really easy on cashback of the Windows tax, if you request it within the month.

Now, on to my problem. I've got all hardware that I want to be working ready. Sound works as well, but the problem is that when I plug in a headphone (I tried various different ones), the laptop speaker keeps producing sound. Pulseaudio (the problem also occured before I installed pulseaudio) correctly detects that headphones are plugged in, sound plays over the headphones, but for some reason the speaker doesn't shut off. When I mute the Speaker in alsamixer, the sound continues to play. I've spent the last two hours trying to find anything, but so far I've been unsuccesful. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Relevant output of lsmod:
Code:
snd_hda_codec_hdmi     57344  0
snd_soc_skl            73728  0
snd_soc_skl_ipc        53248  1 snd_soc_skl
snd_soc_sst_ipc        16384  1 snd_soc_skl_ipc
snd_soc_sst_dsp        24576  1 snd_soc_skl_ipc
snd_hda_ext_core       20480  1 snd_soc_skl
snd_soc_sst_match      16384  1 snd_soc_skl
snd_soc_core          212992  1 snd_soc_skl
snd_compress           20480  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine      16384  1 snd_soc_core
ac97_bus               16384  1 snd_soc_core
hadrian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the kernel to the latest and have been playing around with hdajackretask. My laptop is a TP510ua from ASUS. Those who have the same problem might try to retask pin 0x17 to speaker and pin 0x1d to headphone. It won't switch automatically, but at least the sound comes from only one output and not both speakers and headphones simultaneously. Pin 0x16 should be disabled in this case. If anyone has tips on how to get it to automatically switch, I'd love to hear.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: