View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimosinnet
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1: URxvt.borderLess not working Reply with quote

URxvt.borderLess stopped working after upgrading from rxvt-unicode-9.21 to rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1. It is the same issue exposed in this thread on Arch-Linux forums: the terminal becomes stuck in the upper left corner, ignoring other placement options and is inaccessible.

This works:

Code:
URxvt.borderLess: false

Urxvt fails whan setting URxvt.borderLess to true. This behaviour appears with i3-4.15.

I wonder if somebody else has come across this issue in order to inform about it in the Gentoo wiki.

Cheers!
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1: URxvt.borderLess not working Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say, but WorksForMe :)

Quote:
URxvt.borderLess stopped working after upgrading from rxvt-unicode-9.21 to rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1.

Depending on what the upgrade brought, you could install the previous version and mask the broken update locally?

Quote:
the terminal becomes stuck in the upper left corner, ignoring other placement options and is inaccessible.

Mine removed borders and titlebar, can be moved around and works just as expected. I'm using Enlightenment WM. I didn't even know urxvt had this feature, since I always thought this kind of stuff is handled by your WM or DE. Could that be of issue, if you've made it so the WM removes borders and titlebars, then urxvt has "nothing" to remove so it gets stuck? Try with another WM?

Code:

[ebuild   R    ] x11-terms/rxvt-unicode-9.22-r2::gentoo  USE="256-color font-styles mousewheel perl startup-notification utmp wtmp xft -blink -fading-colors -iso14755 -pixbuf -unicode3"
mimosinnet
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1: URxvt.borderLess not working Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
I'm sorry to say, but WorksForMe :)

Code:

[ebuild   R    ] x11-terms/rxvt-unicode-9.22-r2::gentoo  USE="256-color font-styles mousewheel perl startup-notification utmp wtmp xft -blink -fading-colors -iso14755 -pixbuf -unicode3"

It may be an issue with the i3 WM or my use flags:

Code:
x11-terms/rxvt-unicode-9.22-r1::gentoo  USE="256-color blink fading-colors font-styles iso14755 mousewheel perl pixbuf startup-notification unicode3 xft"

Thanks very much for helping to debug this issue! I will play with the use-flags.

Cheers!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: