xine BSOD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smite
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: xine BSOD Reply with quote

After upgrading xfree, xine refuses to use the xv drivers! I just get a blue screen. It's the same for mplayer etc.... xShm drivers work, but they're jerky and strangly red. I found one or two other posts on this, but they seem unresolved. :(
catzooka
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of graphics card do you have, and are you using DRI drivers? post any relevant information here so that we can help you out. for example, i know there is an issue with i810 and xv in XFree 4.3 that causes a blue screen for xv video output. so yes. post some information and let us see if we can help you out :)
smite
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I have the i810. *checks for dri* Nope, I'm not using DRI.
catzooka
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well. i remember there was a way to fix this by editing the XFree 4.3 source to fix this problem. i can't seem to be able to find the bug report with the explanation how to fix this by editing the source at bugs.xfree86.org. perhaps they did fix it in a newer version of xfree. in order to fix this you may need to update to an even newer version of xfree. either update to xfree-4.3.0-r3 if you havent already done so, or update to xfree-4.3.99.16 (from ~x86 (unstable) portage tree). However, if you do update to xfree-4.3.99.16, do realize that this versoin of xfree is UNSTABLE and in DEVELOPMENT. so be cautious.

PS: also i can't seem to find any bug report regarding this on bugs.gentoo.org either. they seem to have been resolved. however, i don't know how, since a little while after having this problem i bought a new gfx card and stopped using my i810 (and thus stopped paying attention to the problem, since my new nvidia card worked perfectly).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: