View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: PBM: Making encryption work with Claws mail Reply with quote

Hi all.

A couple of upgrades ago, I noticed the PGP/inline module was deprecated so I dropped its support from Claws mail. While signing works fine, I've just made an attempt with encryption from a secondary account, which I added to Claws. I was surprised to receive two attachments, a small one of a few bytes and a second one, larger, with the extension ".bin" that supposedly contains the encrypted message:

Quote:
[ATT00001 application/pgp-encrypted (17 octets)]

[ATT00002.bin application/octet-stream (1172 octets)]

I then added the deprecated module GPG/inline and sent the message again (using PGP/inline as the selected privacy module) and I was prompted for my pass phrase as soon as I clicked the received message in my other mailbox (to which my sign/encrypt key is bound). Needless to say the message then opens fine, decrypted.

I might have missed something but I just wonder what. Does anybody have an idea?

I'm using Claws mail version 3.17.3, with USE flags { bogofilter calendar dbus gnutls imap ipv6 libcanberra libindicate libnotify nls notification pdf pgp sieve smime spam-report spamassassin spell startup-notification svg }

Thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: