Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Anon-E-moose / asturm
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: asturm
Topic: GLEP 81: User and group management via dedicated packages
Reason: he goes on about off topic while attacking with snide comment, that's - tada - offtopic. He's not rebutting the arguments, but directly attacking the person.

Quote:
Because you can't help yourself when you read the word starting with s... ending with ...d, but this was clearly in-response-to Arch being used for ID lookups and nothing else, picking on it offtopic anyway.

Edit to add: Normally I don't report things like this, but lately he's going on about others being off topic, about others saying things they shouldn't say, and then comes out with this behavior. Does he think the rules don't apply to him or that he's above them. I'm all for being nice and polite, but it needs to go both ways for it to be effective.

Last edited by Anon-E-moose on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Arguments'? :lol: You're just shooting the messenger here, while you've shown to ignore arguments during the full course of that thread while others were having a conversation.

I mean, sure go on if you want to have this thread be another systemd dead end, you've tried it yourself already but no one picked it up.
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ the two above posts are due to https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1100428.html being merged into https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1099864.html. I answered to the 1st thread but after it got merged with 2nd one, it seems like my post was just general discussion instead a reply to opening post of https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1100428.html . However, I'm 100 % with asturm's reply there, the purpose of my message was IDs, not systemd. I didn't want to glorify systemd (and start a flamewar), but seems like just hinting something systemd-related is a touchy subject for some people unless explicitly saying it's sh*t.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
but seems like just hinting something systemd-related is a touchy subject for some people unless explicitly saying it's sh*t.

as a general rule of thumb, maybe in Gentoo Chat in particular, nothing good has ever come from mentioning systemd. ;)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anon-E-moose wrote:
User: asturm
Topic: GLEP 81: User and group management via dedicated packages
Reason: he goes on about off topic while attacking with snide comment, that's - tada - offtopic. He's not rebutting the arguments, but directly attacking the person.

Quote:
Because you can't help yourself when you read the word starting with s... ending with ...d, but this was clearly in-response-to Arch being used for ID lookups and nothing else, picking on it offtopic anyway.

Edit to add: Normally I don't report things like this, but lately he's going on about others being off topic, about others saying things they shouldn't say, and then comes out with this behavior. Does he think the rules don't apply to him or that he's above them. I'm all for being nice and polite, but it needs to go both ways for it to be effective.
In general I agree that snide comments aren't helpful. However, it doesn't seem disproportionate to the post to which he is responding. As for being off-topic, that too seems directly related to proteusx' post. I certainly may be missing something.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: