Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Req Help: Multiple Topics (email, GL, x509, etc...)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zephirus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Req Help: Multiple Topics (email, GL, x509, etc...) Reply with quote

First off, let me start by saying thanks to those who have helped me with questions thus far. I have made some limited notes on responses to some, but with business travel, and holidays I have not been able to reply.

I have a few more questions... I hope these help others as well... (I appologize for the length of this posting, but it should cover all that I still need to get functioning)

1) I am looking for an email client that functions like Outlook (In that you can specify multiple accounts where each is completly distinct from the other). It needs to be able to maintain settings for each account seperate, and have seperate calanders, tasks, inboxes, sent boxes, etc...

2) If possible the above should be able to digitally sign email using x509 certificates...

3) GL does not seem to work under X11... I have to run... umm... important productivity... err... applications in Software mode. This, of course, makes said applications run slow, and look like crap... I followed the instructions to get XFree86 & KDE working with DRI on my Toshiba 1115-s103 (Mobility Radeon M6 LY), but no GL. Does anybody have any experiences they can share? I thought OpenGL was part of the XFree package... was I mistaken?

4) Toshiba Satellite 1115-s103 LT Win Modem does not work, and I cannot begin to fathom what needs to be done to get a 'Win Modem' to work under Linux. Has anyone successfully completed a similar task that can lend their expertise?

5) GemPlus GPR400 PCMCIA Smartcard reader with pcmcia-cs... Has anyone successfully gotten this to work? Can you describe the steps? What software can I use to interface with it?

6) Can anyone recommend a good Certification Authority... I have been using OpenSSL, and feel that I have taken it about as far as I can with my miniscule understanding, and limited time to learn. It needs to be able to do everything that commercial CAs can do, and be straight forward. I would like a X interface, but am not scared of the shell...

7) KDE's Power Control > Laptop Battery module reports 'Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.' I am on a legacy-free Toshiba laptop without APM. I have disabled APM in the kernel config, and enable ACPI and ALL suboptions, but keep getting this message. I have installed acpid as well. WTF am I doing wrong? How do I take advantage of my CPU's power managment features?

Thanks for your patience. I look forward to quite a fruitful learning experience, and eventually even being to give back to the forums on some level.

-Zeph
zephirus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Req Help: Multiple Topics (email, GL, x509, etc...) Reply with quote

zephirus wrote:

3) GL does not seem to work under X11... I have to run... umm... important productivity... err... applications in Software mode. This, of course, makes said applications run slow, and look like crap... I followed the instructions to get XFree86 & KDE working with DRI on my Toshiba 1115-s103 (Mobility Radeon M6 LY), but no GL. Does anybody have any experiences they can share? I thought OpenGL was part of the XFree package... was I mistaken?

Welp, I got this taken care of... seems I had to emerge xfree-drm again. I did not realize that was one of those 'per kernel build' things...
zephirus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the top :twisted:... I realize this is a lot, but any help on any of the topics would be extraordinary!
zephirus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you tired of seeing this pop back to the top... Never fear... This will be my last attempt.

Please, any help would be great... I am having little success finding what I need myself.

Thanks!
feffi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for gemplus look here:

1) take ximiam evolution(it's in portage)
2) see also
3) maybe you could get some hint here and here
4) have a look at tuxmobil
5)jaiger's smartcard downloads - may this helps
6) no clue... 8O

feffi

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question!

Gentoo-Wiki: Acer Travelmate 803 LCi manual
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: