[solved] portage is blocking portage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bastibasti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: [solved] portage is blocking portage Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I havent updated in 2 months, so now i'm trying to update before migrating to 17.1

however on one machine I hit this issue. do you have any idea howto fix this??

Code:

[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/portage-3.0.9::gentoo [3.0.8::gentoo] USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8* (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_7* -python3_9" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

sys-apps/portage:0

(sys-apps/portage-3.0.9:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_7 -python3_9" pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage (Argument)

(sys-apps/portage-3.0.8:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 -python3_9" pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (app-portage/gentoolkit-0.5.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 -python3_9"

Last edited by bastibasti on Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to run emerge -uUD @world command, important is -U (--changed-use) because profile changed default python targets to python3_8
bastibasti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it seems it doing something. I will keep you informed ;-)
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portage is not blocking Portage. According to the output that you provided, you requested to update portage, and the update would install with PYTHON_TARGETS=-python3_7 python3_8. According to the last line of text, you have installed a gentoolkit that, as currently configured, requires sys-apps/portage with PYTHON_TARGETS=python3_7. The update would fail to satisfy that requirement, so you get a conflict. If you instruct Portage to update both packages in one call, then (per fedeliallalinea's post), you will rebuild gentoolkit with PYTHON_TARGETS=python3_8, after which it will be satisfied with a Portage that has PYTHON_TARGETS=-python3_7 python3_8.

Note that I computed all this just from the error text in your post and knowledge of how Portage presents constraint violations. No knowledge of this specific change is required.
bastibasti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this detailled explaination.

I completely oversaw this last line with the gentoolkit
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: