Masked packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomeromer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Masked packages Reply with quote

i ran the following:
Code:
(chroot) ubuntu / # emerge --ask sys-kernel/genkernel

and it returns this:

* IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "sys-kernel/linux-firmware" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-99999999::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s), missing keyword)
A copy of the 'linux-fw-redistributable' license is located at '/var/db/repos/gentoo/licenses/linux-fw-redistributable'.

A copy of the 'no-source-code' license is located at '/var/db/repos/gentoo/licenses/no-source-code'.

- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20210315::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20210208::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20201218::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20201022-r3::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200918::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200817::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200721::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200619::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200519::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200421::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20200316::gentoo (masked by: || ( ) linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code license(s))

(dependency required by "sys-kernel/genkernel-4.2.1-r1::gentoo[firmware]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-kernel/genkernel" [argument])
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Im not sure what to do. I'll try setting up the license to free since I remembered that i forgot it.

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
carcajou
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should accept license for the linux-firmware:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Base#Optional:_Configuring_the_ACCEPT_LICENSE_variable

Maybe to add something like this to /etc/portage/package.license/kernel:

Code:
sys-kernel/linux-firmware no-source-code
gomeromer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kukibl wrote:
You should accept license for the linux-firmware:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Base#Optional:_Configuring_the_ACCEPT_LICENSE_variable

Maybe to add something like this to /etc/portage/package.license/kernel:

Code:
sys-kernel/linux-firmware no-source-code

so i just put this into my make.conf?
ACCEPT_LICENSE=@FREE

I dont have a package.license
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gomeromer wrote:
I dont have a package.license

You can create it as file or directory
gomeromer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1132956.html
The thing is that i dont have a package.license dir and my package.use empty.. So should i just create a dir for package.license and a subdir or file named kernel and then add this in"sys-kernel/linux-firmware no-source-code"?
gomeromer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i created a dir called package.license and a file named kernel inside it. i have edited the file and added what you reccommended and did etc-update afterwards. I still get the same error message. Note i dont have this in make.conf ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE" . i skipped that since my understanding was that there are defeault settings.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also add linux-fw-redistributable license to sys-kernel/linux-firmware in package.license
Code:
sys-kernel/linux-firmware linux-fw-redistributable no-source-code

denn0n
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
You should also add linux-fw-redistributable license to sys-kernel/linux-firmware in package.license
Code:

Thank you i could whit this I'm compiling the kernel, I Would like to understand a little more since I being having problems whit license's then the file
Code:
/etc/portage/package.license/kernel

it is the place to portage look in to

and it most contain

Code:

to accept the license of sys-kernel/linux-firmware and my guess is also to linux-fw-redistributable those two are package an the license are in this case no-source-code, as I see here in the same line you put the package which needs the license to be accepted an the license even if i put just the license it wont work and as i see if one package it isn't specified it' wont work sorry just what to clarify to future thank you again !
Phoenix591
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portage looks inside /etc/portage at the various files, most of which may also be directories (in this case making package.license a directory). If its a directory any name may be used. (Instead of /etc/portage/package.license/kernel we could use /etc/portage/package.license/example)

The package.license format

sys-kernel/linux-firmware is the package

both linux-fw-redistributable and no-source-code are licenses that the package falls under. Copies of these (and every other license) are found inside /var/db/repos/gentoo/licenses/ , by default portage is set so that it doesn't complain about free open source software, but since linux-firmware isn't open source, it asks you to review these licenses.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: